Have grill(s), want smoker...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tedpoppke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 11, 2021
Hi,

I have 2 Weber gas grills and I've tried smoking with them, but it's a compromise since I can't get below 300 F in the summer.

Looking for a smoker recommendation for a set and go to sleep piece of hardware:

Natural gas heat source.
Prefer to use pellets.
Meat - whole turkey, Boston butt, dinosaur rack of ribs
Would like to be able to cold smoke.
I have a Fireboard 2 Drive - it can drive a variable speed fan.

Would like moderate price; I happened to glance at big iron ones that are over $2K...

Thanks for any ideas!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Keeping with the Weber theme and your request for pellets: Smokefire should treat you well. A Weber charcoal kettle is always a great tool. There will be plenty of opinions and prices.

Cant beat the weber kettle.

Last Sat comp i did 2 in my bronco and one in my kettle.

Kettle performer butt.
20220604_024950.jpg

Sounds like you are either wanting a pellet grill or you can also go with an MES with a pellet tray. Weber smokefire's seem to have a great reputation and some of the pit boss's aren't terribly expensive.

Sounds like you are either wanting a pellet grill or you can also go with an MES with a pellet tray. Weber smokefire's seem to have a great reputation and some of the pit boss's aren't terribly expensive.
I don't know, the MES 2-door 30-inch smoker can only hold 2 turkeys, or 8 chickens, or......!

I don't know, the MES 2-door 30-inch smoker can only hold 2 turkeys, or 8 chickens, or......!

The 30 is a little harder of a sell due to its size IMO. I have a 40 inch model. Smoked about anything you can think of in it. Can fit full racks of ribs, a brisket, or full sized spatched birds in there. I get better smoke flavor out of my smoke vault using wood chunks for sure but the MES using the pellet tray is awesome for overnight cooks and sides IMO.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky