Has the ECB Group died?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't done much with my ECB yet. I set it up last fall and did a few mods to it. I did a pork butt on it and it came out great! I will be using it again this fall now that boating season in Michigan is done. Here is a pic of my set up and one of the pork butt I did last fall.
ECB smoker.jpg Smoked Boston Butt.jpg

Now that the boating season here in Michigan is done it's time to get the ECB out of the garage and do some cooking. I'm planning on doing a small 4-5 lb pork loin this Sunday. I'm figuring it shouldn't take more than a couple hours to be done.
Wish me luck, I'll share the results when it's done. :)

Now that the boating season here in Michigan is done it's time to get the ECB out of the garage and do some cooking. I'm planning on doing a small 4-5 lb pork loin this Sunday. I'm figuring it shouldn't take more than a couple hours to be done.
Wish me luck, I'll share the results when it's done. :)
Wish you luck.. haha.. it's going to be barely in the 40s and raining tonight and tomorrow.. ok weather Sunday. 40 ish.
I'm going to make a huge 3 gallons of chili on my ECB and then Monday and Tuesday I'm smoking my buckboard bacon for 12 hours cold smoke.

Well my second try didn't go so well. Pork loin was nice and juicy but the rub I used was unappetizing and the loin was also bitter tasting! Oh well better luck next time!

I’ve been tempted to mod mine but I think sadly I’m just going WSM. The parts to mod them are just drying up. Lava pan is like $60 now. Smokey joes are $50 and then there’s still seal issues still. It’s just hard to dump like $100 into a solution thar might fail

I’ve been tempted to mod mine but I think sadly I’m just going WSM. The parts to mod them are just drying up. Lava pan is like $60 now. Smokey joes are $50 and then there’s still seal issues still. It’s just hard to dump like $100 into a solution thar might fail

I think the idea of the ECB mods are to keep them cheap, and have fun doing it. Check Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for Smokey joes, I see them all the time for $10-$20. I also see ECB’s a lot for cheap. The water pan that came with the grill works fine.

Well I did ditch mine to my neighbor who’s been using it a ton which makes me happy. I will say I do kinda wish someone brought the products back. They were a great deal at $40

I'm glad I found this group. I got mine for free from a friend and made the standard mods and ideas from here and there. Closing off the bottom was key and if I get the charcoal and dampers right, I can maintain temp on it's own for up to 2 hours before touching it. I haven't tried a long smoke yet but will trying the minion method.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky