Has anyone thoroughly satisfied with their Fridge conversion build?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

achilles007

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Sorry-- but just had my doubts today about whether or not my fridge conversion would go over okay.

After being inspired by narwhalsmoker's set-up, I have decided to embark down the same path of my own also.

However-- one thing I have yet to see is a discussion on how much smoke penetration is really happening with alot of the foods you guys are smoking.

Has it REALLY been pretty good or rather unsatisfying?

I am still trying to decide just exactly what type of smoke generator or system I want to install into my set-up to give me TERRIFIC smoke rings and penetration.

Anyone whose ever been successful in doing such a thing via fridge conversion builds, please help.

Pictures of anyone who's been successful with their set-up would be great also.Thanks everyone!

i have my homeade fridge and love it works great! i do alot of  deer sausage,stix and bologna got plenty of room to do all i want i use sawdust for that it's been below zero snowing and blowing the smokers outside 3'' of snow on top holding temp like a king. would'nt trade it for any other!

Finished my conversion in May.  Works like a champ, holds temps great.  Smokin' ribs and Dutch's wicked beans as we speak...
84da43aa_100_2170.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky