Has anyone thoroughly satisfied with their Fridge conversion build?

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by achilles007, Aug 22, 2010.

1. achilles007

achilles007 Fire Starter

Sorry-- but just had my doubts today about whether or not my fridge conversion would go over okay.

After being inspired by narwhalsmoker's set-up, I have decided to embark down the same path of my own also.

However-- one thing I have yet to see is a discussion on how much smoke penetration is really happening with alot of the foods you guys are smoking.

Has it REALLY been pretty good or rather unsatisfying?

I am still trying to decide just exactly what type of smoke generator or system I want to install into my set-up to give me TERRIFIC smoke rings and penetration.

Anyone whose ever been successful in doing such a thing via fridge conversion builds, please help.

Pictures of anyone who's been successful with their set-up would be great also.Thanks everyone!

2. bowtieracin

bowtieracin Smoke Blower

i have my homeade fridge and love it works great! i do alot of  deer sausage,stix and bologna got plenty of room to do all i want i use sawdust for that it's been below zero snowing and blowing the smokers outside 3'' of snow on top holding temp like a king. would'nt trade it for any other!

3. Finished my conversion in May.  Works like a champ, holds temps great.  Smokin' ribs and Dutch's wicked beans as we speak...[​IMG]