• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Has anyone thoroughly satisfied with their Fridge conversion build?

achilles007

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 23, 2010
Sorry-- but just had my doubts today about whether or not my fridge conversion would go over okay.

After being inspired by narwhalsmoker's set-up, I have decided to embark down the same path of my own also.

However-- one thing I have yet to see is a discussion on how much smoke penetration is really happening with alot of the foods you guys are smoking.

Has it REALLY been pretty good or rather unsatisfying?

I am still trying to decide just exactly what type of smoke generator or system I want to install into my set-up to give me TERRIFIC smoke rings and penetration.

Anyone whose ever been successful in doing such a thing via fridge conversion builds, please help.

Pictures of anyone who's been successful with their set-up would be great also.Thanks everyone!

bowtieracin

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 10, 2009
i have my homeade fridge and love it works great! i do alot of  deer sausage,stix and bologna got plenty of room to do all i want i use sawdust for that it's been below zero snowing and blowing the smokers outside 3'' of snow on top holding temp like a king. would'nt trade it for any other!

dannyj

Joined May 27, 2010
Finished my conversion in May.  Works like a champ, holds temps great.  Smokin' ribs and Dutch's wicked beans as we speak...

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks