Has anyone noticed?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 21, 2006
Western Kansas
What works for one, doesn't work for another.

What one likes, another hates.

To any noobies, don't sweat the small stuff. Smoker temp, and meat temp are about the only things I can think of that REALLY matter. Smoker temp is very vague, not 100* and not 400*. Salt & pepper are all you need for spices.

Hey "pros", help me out or tell me I'm wrong.

My point is basic(like me), smoke it and like it..........low and slow.........and don't sweat the small stuff. It's not hard, takes time, and is reallllllllllly good when you fine tune it.

Add what you want, tell me how wrong I am. Tell Me something

Your point is well made Al.

Keep it simple. Start basic. Ad recipes and spices as you learn

1) learn to make heat
2) learn to control heat and smoke
3) Add Food
4) Watch food
5) Eat food
6) Burp!

Well Al no two smokers cook the same thats for sure. I say if you like the way your meat turns out and the family approves thats all that matters.

That reminds me if I don't start brewing soon it'll be a dry summer! All tied up smoking!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

its the closest i can get to some of the brews i use to drink in canada...

i use to drink two beers...one was called Sleemans Honey Brown and the other is Dave's Honey Brown...

am trying to get a clone of Sleemans so i can start brewing it myself...
i just cant get any of my canadian friends to drive all this way to bring me beer..lol

i have heard cheffs on tv here several times telling people to use the KISS method for cooking which stands for ( KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID ) dont know why they assume every one is stupid though

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky