Has anyone DIY'd a pellet conversion/looking for parts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ncsmoker95

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Hi all,

I'm wanting to build my own pellet feeder for either my Brinkmanns offset smoker,
or perhaps the MES30.

I am also on a fairly low budget with the Finance Minister, so the full on pellet kits at $400-$600 are out of budget.
At those prices, I should just buy a whole lower-end pellet smoker like a Pit Boss!

I have experience with PID controllers and automation controls, but I'm not a mechanical guy.

Hoping someone has an auger and stepper motor assembly, or has ideas about where to find those sorts of things from other industries, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

By the way...

I will WARN PEOPLE...

There are some sites out there
Hainshow, etc..
They purport to offer the ENTIRE
pellet hopper/chassis/auger/controller
For $75 or less..

THESE ARE SCAMS..
You can check the merchant scam reporting sites and you'll find that people have reported hundreds of times buying all kinds of things from these too-good-to-be-true sites and never receiving anything!

I didn't do it - but buyer beware..

Check the reputation of some of these sites!

Curb find or your local FB market is your better source for a cheap pellet pooper.
Not sure your location, but friends of mine in NW MN got a fully functional Pitboss off the curb that the previous owner had left the pellets in the hopper and auger that swelled into wet sawdust.

Curb find or your local FB market is your better source for a cheap pellet pooper.
Not sure your location, but friends of mine in NW MN got a fully functional Pitboss off the curb that the previous owner had left the pellets in the hopper and auger that swelled into wet sawdust.
Yeah, I could wish for that!!

I've heard thats quite the disaster to leave pellets in there!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky