Happy Sunday!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SunnyDC

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 15, 2019
Washington, DC
IMG_20190324_112817.jpg

We finally got a beautiful day! Time to stock up the freezer with some pulled pork (although it rarely lasts long enough to freeze any). I'm also taking chicken & dumplings to work for staff meeting Tuesday, so I thought I'd cook the bird alongside the butt with some Herby chicken rub for a little tweak to the standard recipe.

Hope you are all enjoying a pretty day, too!

EDIT: Ok. We are still snarfling this.

smoked.jpg

Fun day! And this was really, honestly great on a sesame seed bun with cole slaw.

XO Sunny

Last edited:
Better start to the day then I'm having. It's my weekend to work.

Chris

Excellent Bark on that Butt! And looks to be very tender too...glad you are up and cooking on your cooker and could pound the dents out enough to make it work for you. Points...

Looks like you have that beat up smoker up and running. Great looking PP sure would like to see how that was done at the PA gathering. Ha the pro in disguise. Chick and dumplings oh my.

Warren

Thanks, all. I was very, very happy that the smoker was up and running again, too! It really loses smoke where some of the dents are, though, so we had to fight with it a bit. We were ready to wrap the thing up in a welding blanket we nabbed at Harbor Freight if it got too out of control, but it managed to pull through!

Chicken & dumplings are NOT pretty once finished, no matter how well you plate them, so I didn't bother with pics... except of the chicken on the grill and the dumplings as they were waiting for their big entrance to the pot...

dumplings.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky