Happy Birthday mneeley490

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
6F93BD95-3472-4F70-BDAC-6AAEC2FC4BC7.png

Reactions: smokin peachey
Happy Birthday mneeley490 mneeley490 I hope you have an outstanding day. Maybe spend some time chilling around the smoker or something
Thanks for the sentiments, but I spent my birthday week cleaning out my parents house in Oregon, getting ready for their transition into assisted living.

Thanks for the sentiments, but I spent my birthday week cleaning out my parents house in Oregon, getting ready for their transition into assisted living.
That is a very arduous and difficult undertaking. I hope you are through it now. I hope you are able to take a couple of days of downtime. - Kim

That is a tough task but seems we all have to face the fact our parents are getting old and either can't live on their own or need help to do it. I feel for you and hope you know it's probably the best thing for them even if it's not easy to do and going through all their stuff isn't any better maybe even worse.

That is a very arduous and difficult undertaking. I hope you are through it now. I hope you are able to take a couple of days of downtime. - Kim
Yeah, thanks. We filled two 15x8x5 dumpsters, and probably could have filled another. Also took 4 truckloads to Goodwill. The most difficult part is convincing them that they can't take all the furniture they think they want to keep. There just isn't enough room. I'm hoping an estate sale will get rid of the majority of it, but I live 6 hours away and can't be there all the time to supervise.

Yeah, thanks. We filled two 15x8x5 dumpsters, and probably could have filled another. Also took 4 truckloads to Goodwill. The most difficult part is convincing them that they can't take all the furniture they think they want to keep. There just isn't enough room. I'm hoping an estate sale will get rid of the majority of it, but I live 6 hours away and can't be there all the time to supervise.
I understand. We went through this with two of our family members already. It is hard on them, and it was hard on us dealing with the logistics of everything and with their mental well-being at the same time. I sympathize with your situation. You have one big step behind you. Once their personal belongings are decided and they have had a chance to settle in, things will get a lot better. Take care. - Kim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky