Hand Made Christmas Gifts for the Bears

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really enjoyed reading that Bear. That's one fine Bear Jr you have!

Thank You 5G !!
Yup--He's a Great Son!

Bear

You are right "I loved this one" When you do something you Love , it's not a job.
He just keeps getting better and better. Tell him your old buddy from East Texas is Proud of him to.
And thinks his work is beautiful.

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I wish I would have gotten him up here, when you were here, but I wasn't feeling real Great.
I think you only saw him for seconds, when you turned around down there.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great story bear. Your son obviously makes you proud. The gifts look top notch!

Thank You Jake
Yes--He's a Great Son!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Everything looks absolutely beautiful! That cutting board is stunning!

Great story too, Bear. Guess those $4.25/hr guys don’t know what they missed out on.

Thank You Xray!!
LOL---Yup---They definitely Lost Big-Time!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's a great story Bear and I love the gifts your son made! I like to do some woodworking in the evenings just as a relaxation thing (not anywhere close to you and your son's level) and recently replaced all the boards on a bench that we made for my grandparents about 25 years ago. After they both passed several years ago I finally got around to replacing and finishing the bench back to how it was when we gave it to them when I was a kid and it brings back great memories every time I look at it. Thanks for sharing

Personalisation is a lost art these days. Those gifts look fantastic, and will be cherished every time they are looked at. Congratulations Bear Jr., well done.

Thank You Rider!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow a great son to be proud of and a great gift for Mama and Poppa Bear.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Great story Bear!
Awesome cutting board too.
And the bench looks like brand new.
You have a good son there for sure.
Happy Holidays to the Bear family!

John

Thank You John!!
On that Bench:
That Thermally Modified Ash is Beautiful, but expensive.
What is Thermally Modified Wood?
Thermal Modification is the process of gradually heating any species of lumber to temperatures of 410 - 450º F in a special chamber that has had the oxygen completely removed from the system. These conditions are needed to prevent the wood from combusting, which takes place at temperatures over 300º F.

And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great story , you obviously did a great job raising him!! The gifts are beautiful!

Thank You Jcam!!
Mrs Bear was a Big help too. :emoji_bear:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow, Beautiful work. First class items.

Thank You Tony!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow, John. You can rightfully be proud of Bear Jr., and he can sure enough be proud of his work.
That is one gorgeous cutting board--I'd be scared to use a knife on it for fear of marking it up.
And that ash on the bench is the most beautiful ash wood I've ever seen.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
That's no longer plain old "Ash".
That's Thermally Modified Ash, and it is Beautiful, but expensive.
What is Thermally Modified Wood?
Thermal Modification is the process of gradually heating any species of lumber to temperatures of 410 - 450º F in a special chamber that has had the oxygen completely removed from the system. These conditions are needed to prevent the wood from combusting, which takes place at temperatures over 300º F.

And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your son has some talent, most likely he picked up some of from you! Very beautiful work. I really like the cutting board. Good story behind those gifts also. Well done with him Bear and well done by Bear Jr

Thanks for sharing that great story. By the looks of the cutting board gift your son has amazing talent for working with timber.

Thank You Jabiru!!
Yeah, He's pretty much been around Wood all of his life. Third Generation.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's a great story Bear and I love the gifts your son made! I like to do some woodworking in the evenings just as a relaxation thing (not anywhere close to you and your son's level) and recently replaced all the boards on a bench that we made for my grandparents about 25 years ago. After they both passed several years ago I finally got around to replacing and finishing the bench back to how it was when we gave it to them when I was a kid and it brings back great memories every time I look at it. Thanks for sharing

Thank You Adam!!
Sounds like you enjoyed fixing that bench up!!

Bear

great looking gifts Bear sounds like you and mrs. bear did a great job raising bear jr.

Thank You Jim!!
Yup--We made a pretty good team---Me being Hard & Her being too Easy (Good Cop--Bad Cop).
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: smokerjim
Your son has some talent, most likely he picked up some of from you! Very beautiful work. I really like the cutting board. Good story behind those gifts also. Well done with him Bear and well done by Bear Jr

Thank You Fished!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky