Hamilton Beach Advanced Temp Tracker 6 qt. Slow Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Warren. It is a different cooking process. I'm just looking to get better results from otherwise cheap (cheaper anyway) cuts of meat. The idea of taking a tough cut of eye round. And getting sandwich quality roast beef. Or other cuts of meat. And turning them into a better meal sounds like a win to me. I'm a old dog too! Looking for new ideas.

Reactions: chopsaw
I love mine!
I run 48 hour SVs & never fluctuates more than 0.4°.
Never have to add water. Makes ZERO noise.
Works awesome, but not cheap.

Link:

Bear

The two reasons I got a dedicated stick SV vs my Auber WS-1510ELPM PID and analog round 6 qt slowcooker was to do big SV cooks and be able to run my smoker with the PID while doing a 48 hour SV Chuck cook and not wait for the PID to be available to SV. Auber sent me a chart to turn slow cookers and rice cookers into a SV that holds to the degree without needing to stir or use a bubbler to circulate the water. You can see the thermal current in the slow cooker plus the stoneware evenly heats such a small area. Perfect results everytime. Just took the handle off the glass lid and ran the multi purpose SV/smoker waterproof RTD sensor through the lid hole and secured the depth with a wooden spring close pin inside the lid and one outside. It's a great yogurt machine holding at 110. No different results than the Stick SV circulator. If anyone with an Auber PID with out of the box settings like mine above of P=7, I=600 and D=150 then the manual setting to run as a SV controller with an analog crockpot set on high is P=4, I=0 and D=40. If you have the Bradley Smoker Auber PID with out of the box settings P=70, I=600, and D=150, then the SV manual setting is P=40, I=0 and D=40. Great way to try a Chuck, EOR or steaks before taking the plunge if you already have a SV and don't know it.
20180120_124445.jpg
20180120_170150.jpg
Great results.

I love mine!
I run 48 hour SVs & never fluctuates more than 0.4°.
Never have to add water. Makes ZERO noise.
Works awesome, but not cheap.

Link:

Bear
I've been looking at those as well. They are $$ alright.

Steve H Steve H , I'm wondering if you purchased this slow cooker, and if so, how you're liking it?
Yes. I did. And it works very well. I've only done the SV a couple times with it. But with the temp probe. It keeps amazingly good temps. With chuckies and corned beef. The results are great. Would I get this for the soul purpose of doing SV's? No. You can only get one chub in it. Around a 2 pounder. That's it. But for dead on control for regular slow cooks. I highly recommend. The casseroles' I made with it are very good. Once temp is reached. It automatically drops to keep warm.

Reactions: MJB05615
Yes. I did. And it works very well. I've only done the SV a couple times with it. But with the temp probe. It keeps amazingly good temps. With chuckies and corned beef. The results are great. Would I get this for the soul purpose of doing SV's? No. You can only get one chub in it. Around a 2 pounder. That's it. But for dead on control for regular slow cooks. I highly recommend. The casseroles' I made with it are very good. Once temp is reached. It automatically drops to keep warm.
Awright. I would be using it both as a slow cooker (think chili and pot roast) but would also like to finish off/SV small batches (2-3 pounds) of sausages. I generally get about 13-15 sausages from that size of a batch. Would they fit, do you think? And thanks for getting back to me.

Maybe just me, but I prefer a dedicated SV circulator where I can use it in vessels of various sizes, depending on the size of the job. I don't want to be limited by having the vessel as part of the system, thereby limiting me to only cooking what will fit in that vessel.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Maybe just me, but I prefer a dedicated SV circulator where I can use it in vessels of various sizes, depending on the size of the job. I don't want to be limited by having the vessel as part of the system, thereby limiting me to only cooking what will fit in that vessel.
Very good point. I am looking at Anova also. I don't need/want wifi/apps. It looks like the Anova Nano is simple enough for me to figure out and can cook from the controls, without the need for wifi and such. ???

Very good point. I am looking at Anova also. I don't need/want wifi/apps. It looks like the Anova Nano is simple enough for me to figure out and can cook from the controls, without the need for wifi and such. ???
Wifi is included in most of them, and while handy at times, it isn't really necessary.

Awright. I would be using it both as a slow cooker (think chili and pot roast) but would also like to finish off/SV small batches (2-3 pounds) of sausages. I generally get about 13-15 sausages from that size of a batch. Would they fit, do you think? And thanks for getting back to me.
Works perfect for chili and pot roasts. I think this would fit those sausages.

Good point. For large chubs I use a SV as well. This does the job for smaller batches without the need for a larger vessel.

I am looking at Anova also. I don't need/want wifi/apps. It looks like the Anova Nano is simple enough for me to figure out
Anova is a good choice . I have the 800watt and the 900 watt Precision . I think the Precision is up to 1000 watts now . The Nano is 750 watts . Which is fine . The down fall for me with the Nano is the fixed clip . May not be an issue for you , but will be a factor in what you can cook in , and how much water is needed .

can cook from the controls, without the need for wifi and such.
That's the single most important thing . Back when I bought mine , some of the stick cookers could not be controlled from the unit itself . You had to use your phone .
Yes the Anova's have the controls on the unit itself , and that's how I use mine .
The blue tooth is nice because you can set an alarm for long cooks . If it shuts down it sends an alert .
It's a good way to finish sausage . I got away from it myself , but it certainly works .
1667740793145.jpeg

I have no doubt you could use the slow cooker also . If you're going to get it any way , try it out . Just know what the temps are compared to the setting .

Anova is a good choice . I have the 800watt and the 900 watt Precision . I think the Precision is up to 1000 watts now . The Nano is 750 watts . Which is fine . The down fall for me with the Nano is the fixed clip . May not be an issue for you , but will be a factor in what you can cook in , and how much water is needed .

That's the single most important thing . Back when I bought mine , some of the stick cookers could not be controlled from the unit itself . You had to use your phone .
Yes the Anova's have the controls on the unit itself , and that's how I use mine .
The blue tooth is nice because you can set an alarm for long cooks . If it shuts down it sends an alert .
It's a good way to finish sausage . I got away from it myself , but it certainly works .
View attachment 647872
I have no doubt you could use the slow cooker also . If you're going to get it any way , try it out . Just know what the temps are compared to the setting .
Thanks for the good info on the Anova's, Chop. I really don't want to get into wifi/blue tooth, simple works best for me. The photos you posted awhile back of just a kitchen pot full of sausages, with a plate to hold the sausages under water, and your Thermapen to check temp is probably all I'd need to do. But a nice slow cooker for said chili and pot roast, I might be able to justify that. Or offer to buy your Anova if you aren't using it. Just kidding.
On another note, I made the Marianski German brats you recommended, followed the recipe, with a little less white pepper, they were great.
And I see Lottie over in the corner, lovely girl that she is. Have a good one.

But a nice slow cooker for said chili and pot roast, I might be able to justify that.
Always good to have a nice slow cooker around . Good to hear you liked the brat recipe . I've made several from him and never had one I didn't like .
Lynn , I'm not knocking the SV finish for sausage . I just did some Cheddar Jalapeno smoked sausage with a store bought Andouille mix . 3 hours in the smoker , 20 minutes in a pot of 175 degree water . Internal temp was 160 . Just works out faster with smaller batches for me .
1667754548454.jpeg
If I do larger batches that I want to water bath finish I'll get out the Anova and whatever size container I need .
1667754647849.jpeg
Lottie is never far away , but she knows her place and understands that she lives in a mooch free zone .
1667755735514.jpeg

Reactions: MJB05615
Always good to have a nice slow cooker around . Good to hear you liked the brat recipe . I've made several from him and never had one I didn't like .
Lynn , I'm not knocking the SV finish for sausage . I just did some Cheddar Jalapeno smoked sausage with a store bought Andouille mix . 3 hours in the smoker , 20 minutes in a pot of 175 degree water . Internal temp was 160 . Just works out faster with smaller batches for me .
View attachment 647925
If I do larger batches that I want to water bath finish I'll get out the Anova and whatever size container I need .
View attachment 647926
Lottie is never far away , but she knows her place and understands that she lives in a mooch free zone .
View attachment 647927
You're just always good for a laugh from me, Chop! The Anova in the cooler looks like a miniature boat motor hanging off the back of a boat. Ah yes, those were the days. The husband had a couple of boats, all sizes, including a 24' Bayliner.
And I am enjoying the Marianski recipes, I think potato sausage is next. Your andouille looks great; I'll try NOLA's, but with minimal red pepper, don't like too hot/spicy.
Right now I am running a kitchen experiment; I've got a big pot full of water, a 12" Thermoworks probe attached with a pot clip, and am watching to see how well I can control temps. No sense buying something if I can use what I already have.
Whadya mean, no mooch zone!?!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky