Hamilton Beach Advanced Temp Tracker 6 qt. Slow Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all. I'm very interested in getting into this Sous Vide thing. And while researching them I came across this.

6391933_rd.jpg

It is a slow cooker that also does Sous Vide.
I'm kind of interested in this because it is a all in one unit. So I wouldn't have to find a suitable pan for it. Anybody have experience with this? It has good reviews.

Last edited:
It looks like it would work great for both purposes, especially if it’s able to keep an accurate SV temperature. I mean 135F water is the same if it’s in a crockpot, immersion circulator or even on the stove.

That looks great to use for finishing sausages in a water bath.

Reactions: Steve H
Does it actually circulate the water inside? Or just keep it at a constant temp?

Hmmmm... Is it a different model than the one you shared the link to? When I click on that one it just seems to be a crock pot. I did find a Hamilton Beach souse vide/ crock pot combo.... Model # 33970

Ok that makes more since now. Might be worth the investment. Sure would take up less room that way. Only thing I wouldn't like about it is limited space. But if your only ever going to SV things that will fit in it I say go for it.

When I looked at your link it was showing the price at $110. Now it's showing out of stock. Checked the Hamilton Beach site and they have it for $70.

Robert

When I looked at your link it was showing the price at $110. Now it's showing out of stock. Checked the Hamilton Beach site and they have it for $70.

Robert

If I decide to get it. I would get it from the exchange.

cooker.jpg

I am not a fan of the SV sticks and went water oven style. Love it. That is a great price, I paid 2x. I still like mine, it has a magnetic stir bar in the bottom and really moves the water. ALL our crocks are way too hot even on warm so that would a great feature to have. One HUGE bonus about SV is I am making sausage with mine. I didn't originally intend on that. It's GREAT for that! Once I get it dialed in I will post but working on a weisswurst recipe and is a SV cook.

Reactions: Steve H
If I decide to get it. I would get it from the exchange.

You certainly have my curiosity piqued. I'm giving serious consideration to getting one now. Dumb question....both of my daughters are in the Navy. Would they be able to order stuff for me and have it shipped to here?

Robert

You certainly have my curiosity piqued. I'm giving serious consideration to getting one now. Dumb question....both of my daughters are in the Navy. Would they be able to order stuff for me and have it shipped to here?

Robert

Once they set up the account. They can purchase an item. And have it shipped to you with no problem. There is a option to have a different shipping address. Which is normal for this site.

Yea I don't get why cook something in heated water for hours then turn around and smoke it for hours. I guess I'm just missing something. Old dog no new tricks I guess.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky