Ham Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chief14j

Original poster
The Girlfriend and I purchased a 1/2 pig from a friend. The Ham came Cured and Smoked. The last one we bought from the same friend came out extremely dry and tasteless. It was cooked in an oven @ 275 till an IT of 165 with 1/2 in of water in pan rubbed with Brown sugar and covered tightly with Foil. What I'm looking for is a solution to fix this issue. I don't want a repeat of the last Ham. Does anybody have a brine recipe with a combination of a rub of some sort to a previously processed Ham. Thank you in advance.

First thing is you overcooked the ham.

The final IT should be 145.

Tony C makes IMHO, the best marinade injection for hams.

Right now Walmart has a ton of them.

It's called Praline Honey Ham marinade, and even comes with a throwaway injector needle.

Inject the ham & cook it the same way & I think you'll like the result.

Al

Thank you to both of you. Super excited to try both recipe's. And a bonus I get to purchase a electric smoker.
Here's the one I'll be doing this Christmas Day, all in Step by Step Form---Can't Miss:

Link:

Double Smoked Ham   

Bear

Edit:   OOOPS---I think it's the same one Smokin21 posted.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky