Habanero Georgia Peach BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sammybones

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 28, 2018
I live in Georgia and we are quite proud of our peaches so I thought I’d share a recipe I found and then tweaked a little. It’s so good I want to drink it.
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup finely diced vidalia onion (about 1/2 large)
  • 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic (about 1 medium clove)
  • 2 cups roughly chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 1 pound of whole peaches)
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup bourbon
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 tablespoons molasses
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2-6 habanero’s seeded
  • Kosher salt, to taste
Melt the butter and sauté onions until soft. Then throw everything else in and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat and simmer 30-60 minutes. Next, use a submersion blender and liquify everything.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Habs and peaches go well together. White peaches should be ready here in a couple of weeks. Making hab/peach jam which goes from toast to glazes. Your bbq sauce got a screen shot and ill be trying it, thanks for sharing.

Looks good! I have a couple habanero plants growing in planters that look to be doing OK so this may be in my future. A local farm also grows pretty nice peaches here in Connecticut believe it or not ;)

Homegrown habaneros are the best. I use habaneros a lot. I make a Tomatillo Habanero salsa that is the bomb. It’s always better when I use habaneros from my brothers garden. I need to start growing my own.

One of my favorite sauces at a Charlotte BBQ joint and they discontinued it. Thanks for the recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky