Guido's Hard Italian Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Guido's has turned into sort of a meme cheese among home producers, and for good reason. This was easy to make, and after only three weeks aging is creamy and nutty and delicious. I look forward to tasting it as it continues to age.

1667130540860.png

Reactions: zwiller and tbern
Never heard of it. Will add it to the list of cheeses to try next year.
Have you tried feezing it?
I have a fresh cheese that freezes well, but I'm on the hunt for a more flavorful cheese that keeps well in the freezer.

Reactions: LoydB
Never heard of it. Will add it to the list of cheeses to try next year.
Have you tried feezing it?
I have a fresh cheese that freezes well, but I'm on the hunt for a more flavorful cheese that keeps well in the freezer.

I wouldn't freeze cheese personally. Vac-sealed in a refrigerator will last a long, long time. If it starts getting mold, unseal it, wipe it down with vinegar & water, dry for a day and re-seal.

Recipe attached.

looks delicious!!

Thanks! It is.

Attachments

• Guido's hard Italian cheese - 8 litre batch.pdf
    96.1 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Hockeydudde
Thanks for posting the recipe. Funny you post this, I was just looking at Italian hard cheese youtubes last night! LOL! Got a buddy that is raising goats for his kids in 4-H.....would love to get some fresh sheeps milk to make Percorino Romano!

I wouldn't freeze cheese personally. Vac-sealed in a refrigerator will last a long, long time. If it starts getting mold, unseal it, wipe it down with vinegar & water, dry for a day and re-seal.

Recipe attached.

Thanks! It is.
The queso fresco I make a bunch of freezes pretty well, we eat it for the months the goats are dry.
I'm not attentive enough to save a cheese from mold.... My cheeses are lucky if they get checked on every other month.
Thanks for the recipe! Going to save it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky