Group Cook Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
Guys,

I am going to be doing a large cook for some people that I work with. I am going to guess there will be about 20 mostly male vehicle mechanics. Right now I am looking at pork butt for pulled pork and some chicken. For those of you that have served large groups in the past what kind of recommendations would you give me for how much meat to smoke? I was thinking legs and thighs for the chicken and then the pulled pork. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions.

George

Oh and the meat is going to be smoked ahead of time and will be served from crock pots at the site. The chicken will probably be popped into an oven on site to be reheated. Thanks again.

George

My rule of thumb is about 8 oz meat per person but up to 12 oz for big appetites (like male vehicle mechanics?). That is precooked weight. You should add in a few extra portions for seconds and of course you will want some leftovers.

What Dude suggests plus 1.5 pieces of chicken. Bird is cheap and no one will complain about an afternoon break treat...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky