Ground Venison Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big-guy

Fire Starter
Original poster
grinding some semi frozen venison

getting ready to shoot with my jerky cannon

shoot onto the smoker racks, note I have a fine screen on the rack

all into the smoker @ 150F with maple smoke until its as dry as you like it. 4 hrs for this batch

all smoked  and removing from rack to be packaged

all done

icon_cool.gif

Now you have done some good looking jerky . You say that you smoked it for 4 hours with maple. Now what kind of seasoning did you use if any???

Damn ,That's some fine looking jerky.

When using that big caulking gun and ground meat does it come out more like pemican or hard jerky???

icon_cool.gif

Now you have done some good looking jerky . You say that you smoked it for 4 hours with maple. Now what kind of seasoning did you use if any???
I used a Teriaki jerky mix from the Sausage maker.

Eman: I like my jerky a little chewy, if you smoke/dry it longer you can make it brittle, every smoker will be different you just have to play with your set up.

I like mine soft not hard to chew. Got the george washington syndrome.

VERY nice!  I did 10#s last week in the oven which came out OK.  I made the mistake of using the thin nozzle on my jerky gun for the first 5#s.  It was much more work and it didn't come out as good as I would like it to.

From now on, I'll make em nice n fat like the ones you did.

I can't wait till i finish my smoker build whose main purpose is to do 10#s of jerky at once......  

Good work there Sir!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky