Grilled Spicy Italian Sausage Skilletini (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Travis. BTDT with the pasta. IMHO it's just not worth the hassle, especially when I'm on a time crunch to get dinner ready. When I fully retire, maybe.... Robert

Robert, I'm shocked! I believe you've got a KA stand mixer if memory serves me well. Once you get the pasta roller attachment and fettuccini cutter, you can make fresh pasta from semolina flour! It's far better than the pasta that comes in plastic wrap in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, and we won't even bother mentioning what comes out of a box ,(tho in these hard and strange times a few boxes are great to have in the pantry).

My cute little skillets will be here the day after tomorrow, kind of exciting! Looks like southwestern bacon hipshot cheeseburgers on the Weber for dinner, maybe some steak fries. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Robert, I'm shocked! I believe you've got a KA stand mixer if memory serves me well

Yes I do have a KA stand mixer and another one that's WAY bigger. Maybe I just need more practice but it was such a God awful mess making the pasta I just didn't enjoy it.

My cute little skillets will be here the day after tomorrow, kind of exciting! Looks like southwestern bacon hipshot cheeseburgers on the Weber for dinner, maybe some steak fries

Just posted another thread with the CI skillets on the grill and tagged you on it. That one was fun!!

Robert

Looks great! We're big fans of Italian Sausage (In fact I'm getting ready to stuff some Hot tomorrow) and this looks really good!
I don't have the small CI pans but I don't know why I couldn't do it with one large pan or even in a Corning Ware pan in the oven.
Thanks for the idea and "like" and bookmarked...
Dan

Sorry I'm Late again!! ----Old & Slow!
That really looks Tasty!!!
I was thinking of making a Sammy with it, but I like your idea better-----Serving it with Toasted Buttered Bread. That way controls the Meats & Treats to Bread Ratio Better.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Lodge ought to be sending a commission to Robert for all the CI skillets being sold.

Nice !!! Are there any Houses Close to you for Sale ??
Gary

I don't have the small CI pans but I don't know why I couldn't do it with one large pan or even in a Corning Ware pan in the oven.

You absolutely can do it either way. I've done both which were my previous renditions. Either of those two will work but I'll be honest, you'll get a far better flavor in the CI on the grill (or smoker) than you'll get from Corning Ware in the oven.

Robert

Sorry I'm Late again!! ----Old & Slow!
That really looks Tasty!!!
I was thinking of making a Sammy with it, but I like your idea better-----Serving it with Toasted Buttered Bread. That way controls the Meats & Treats to Bread Ratio Better.
Nice Job!

All is good Bear. God knows I've been late to a few of your threads :emoji_anguished: Thank you for the kind words and I completely agree. You, me, and a bunch of other folks that have replied to your threads agree that you gotta have the correct ratio of goodies to bread.

Maybe I'm just a control freak,
Robert

Nice like most anything made with Italian sausage.

Warren

You and us both!! I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me but that seems to be the style of food I'm best at creating and preparing. Go figger....

Robert

Lodge ought to be sending a commission to Robert for all the CI skillets being sold.

Aw shucks...I tend to doubt seriously that Lodge is gonna give me a commission on a couple of skillets. It's a nice thought though so thank you.

Lodge not helping my retirement accounts,
Robert

Nice !!! Are there any Houses Close to you for Sale ??
Gary

HAAA HAAA!! There certainly are a couple. Worst case, we get our heads together, design one, and I'll build it for you. Tracy and I did that with our current permanent vacation home and we love it!!

Robert

Great looking meal Robert. I could certainly eat a plate full of that!

Thanks Dave!! Come on down and I'll make some for ya. Got plenty of sausage and more than a few cookers to play with. Door is open if you're interested otherwise you'll just have to come belly up to the bar and make it yourself :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks good. I'm thinking some Fresh Mozzarella would go nicely...JJ

Robert, you need to come to South Pittsburg TN for the cornbread festival. Also home to the Lodge factory. It's the only weekend they allow tours. For a few extra dollars, you get to sample the cornbread from all of the competitors. Pure Heaven!

Dave

While we are on the subject of CI skillets, has anyone ever tried polishing the inside of one
to get a super nonstick skillet? I’ve seen this done on YouTube, and have been tempted to
try it myself but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Anyone?

Cal

WOW, that looks great! I just made ten lbs of hot last weekend and sausage , pasta and is one of my alltime favourites.
Well played

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky