Grilled Ribeye & Veg with Beef Bourbon Gravy!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife spied these thick cut black angus rib eyes one sale 11.99/lb for dinner Friday night. Each eye about 1.7 lbs…. Seasoned them up with some kinders buttery steakhouse…..very heavy seasoned cause the thickness……
EAE9EC92-0D89-496D-8A42-E21F07AB18ED.jpeg

In the Weber sear station for some nice grid lines….
4AD5F976-8FB4-4A5A-9D0A-442225CC492B.jpeg

Started some roots salt and pepper with classic olive and a bit of butter
57789DA4-C3BE-4C4F-B43E-766FC662E3F3.jpeg

This sear is what I’m looking for……then in the oven 400 convection roast to finish…..
82D9E615-EDCC-4605-9633-45E1C17865F8.jpeg

Seasoned up some sweet onion sliced, classic olive and kinders again….
79696606-AAED-4971-82F5-FDBF0F3FDF5F.jpeg

Bingo the turn…
C91074E6-AFE0-47B9-AD35-C66E9A2EE72A.jpeg

Pulled them @ INT 115 and in the oven with the roots to finish…

Pulled @ INT 135, sliced and then plated with the veg……oh don’t forget the Beef Bourbon Gravy!!!
A88EEEFE-1AF9-43EC-B184-F1420B94F7A2.jpeg

Holy Smokes this is pure meat heaven!!!!!!!!!
B474B42E-7C53-4338-9D66-0FBF83E1A42F.jpeg

The gravy is 2/3rds beef stock, 1/3rd chicken, (about 2 - 2.5 cups total), 1/3rd bourbon, then a Tbsp of Worcestershire, 3 Tbsp soy, 1/2 Tbsp better than bouillon beef, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar all to taste….. it is thickened slightly with some starch slurry, I boil it down to reach the right richness!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. You slayed that. Can I get some of that overnighted? I want to a good smoke but seems everyone in my family is born in May LOL.

Oh my God...you know you hit my soft spot with this one. what a fantastic looking plate. Perfectly cooked steaks but that gravy...lordy lordy. I'd put that in a needle and shoot it into my arm :emoji_laughing: Extremely nice meal my friend!!

Robert

Reactions: Butt Smoke
Good grief - that looks terrific! You're killin' it lately CivilSmoker! Every part of that meal is perfection! Not only the steaks - which would make a dog break a chain - but the carrots, the onions, the 'shrooms...and that gravy sounds awesome! I gotta try that one for sure! Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Red

Oh yeah. You slayed that. Can I get some of that overnighted? I want to a good smoke but seems everyone in my family is born in May LOL.
Thanks broke! I sent you a package....... it seems the delivery person had free lunch....LOL
Hubba hubba, that looks like supper. Very nice. Great work.
Many thanks SE! That was pretty much what I was thinking as I was pouring the gravy over it.......H&H is a thing!
Looks delicious
Thanks peachy!
Oh my God...you know you hit my soft spot with this one. what a fantastic looking plate. Perfectly cooked steaks but that gravy...lordy lordy. I'd put that in a needle and shoot it into my arm :emoji_laughing: Extremely nice meal my friend!!

Robert
Thanks Robert, I thought this might catch your eye! I LOVE this sauce (aka Gravy!!) cause its simple, I would put it in a shot glass if I could, but a slice of bread made sure it was all consumed for sure!

Can I add to flatbroke flatbroke 's order? That is one great looking plate.

Jim
Man Jim, I'll sure try but the package keeps getting consumed....not lost during packaging LOL.... Thanks!
Yes sir!! That's a mighty fine looking meal right there!!
Much appreciated GS!
Looks fantastic
Many thanks SJ!
Good grief - that looks terrific! You're killin' it lately CivilSmoker! Every part of that meal is perfection! Not only the steaks - which would make a dog break a chain - but the carrots, the onions, the 'shrooms...and that gravy sounds awesome! I gotta try that one for sure! Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Red
Thanks Red! I happened to take a few days off to have some fun..... so there was some living going on for sure! Just know I kind of "wing" the amounts based on taste so just adjust to taste as you go. It's not your brown gravy from the old days, this one is for the grown-ups.... the kids haven't earned it yet!! I say this as my boy hands me a small measuring cup to get mine and when I'm done, he grabs the pan and just pours all the rest over his plate with this look in his eye " its all mine"......

The wife spied these thick cut black angus rib eyes one sale 11.99/lb for dinner Friday night. Each eye about 1.7 lbs…. Seasoned them up with some kinders buttery steakhouse…..very heavy seasoned cause the thickness……
View attachment 665993

View attachment 665994

View attachment 665996

This sear is what I’m looking for……then in the oven 400 convection roast to finish…..
View attachment 665997

View attachment 665995

Bingo the turn…
View attachment 665998

Pulled @ INT 135, sliced and then plated with the veg……oh don’t forget the Beef Bourbon Gravy!!!
View attachment 665999

View attachment 666000

The gravy is 2/3rds beef stock, 1/3rd chicken, (about 2 - 2.5 cups total), 1/3rd bourbon, then a Tbsp of Worcestershire, 3 Tbsp soy, 1/2 Tbsp better than bouillon beef, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar all to taste….. it is thickened slightly with some starch slurry, I boil it down to reach the right richness!
Nice Civil, I have to try that gravy

Nice Civil, I have to try that gravy
Thanks CF! I do variations of the gravy with red wine and such but bourbon is the best I think. Not overly rich, just savory!

Thanks CF! I do variations of the gravy with red wine and such but bourbon is the best I think. Not overly rich, just savory!
Do you think I can sub in Jack's for "real" bourbon? I have a 1.75 liter to kill and I won't drink it...lol

Do you think I can sub in Jack's for "real" bourbon? I have a 1.75 liter to kill and I won't drink it...lol
Yup you are just looking for the tone, I have done Jack's before as well.

Reactions: clifish
View attachment 665993

View attachment 665994

View attachment 665996

View attachment 665997

View attachment 665995

Bingo the turn…
View attachment 665998

View attachment 665999

View attachment 666000

That is fantastic!! Everything came together perfect!

That is fantastic!! Everything came together perfect!
Thanks doc! It was a very quick meal in prep and cook time, but is came together really good. I usually don't slice my steaks, but these were so big, I had to contain the portion!!!! I might actually start doing this more often!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky