Grilled lemonade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PoukieBear

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 21, 2019
Ottawa, ON
If you’ve got your grill fired up today, you must try this!

Grilled lemonade.

5 lemons
1 cup of sugar (plus extra for coating the lemons)
4 cups of water
4 cups of ice cubes

Cut the lemons in half, and dip them in sugar so they will caramelize in the grill.
Grill them on high for 6-8 minutes.

Let them cool a bit, then juice them into a pitcher. Add 1 cup of sugar, water, and ice.
Enjoy!!

Attachments

• C7AEECE2-B31F-4D4A-9A58-307D5F81AB6B.jpeg
    C7AEECE2-B31F-4D4A-9A58-307D5F81AB6B.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 2DDC4E3B-EC59-4021-9846-2C834D28ED83.jpeg
    2DDC4E3B-EC59-4021-9846-2C834D28ED83.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 37
Can you describe the flavor change to the fruit ?? I've seen a lot of stuff grilled... Fruit sounds interesting...

Can you describe the flavor change to the fruit ?? I've seen a lot of stuff grilled... Fruit sounds interesting...

It’s got a little bit of a classic grilled taste, and it’s sweeter than you would expect. That’s because the natural sugars caramelize and release all that amazing flavour.

I also really like grilling pineapple slices, dusted with a bit of cinnamon. Mmmmmmm!

I never thought of using grilled lemons for lemonade, sounds great!!

I like throwing lemons on the grill when I make grilled romaine lettuce, I’ll have to throw a few on for the lemonade

I've grilled pineapple a few times, it's very good, never tried lemons may have to try that some day

WOW, that sounds and looks awesome.
I grill lemons and oranges all the time for seafood, although I have never thought of making lemonade from them.
I have huge Lisbon and Meyer's lemon trees in my yard, this is a for sure try for me.
Now you have me thinking about trying a grilled OJ as well, where's the Absolute or Kettle One?
Thank you for the great idea.
Dan

It’s got a little bit of a classic grilled taste, and it’s sweeter than you would expect. That’s because the natural sugars caramelize and release all that amazing flavour.

I also really like grilling pineapple slices, dusted with a bit of cinnamon. Mmmmmmm!

Never tried pineapple with cinnamon. I've always used butter and brown sugar. I have had grilled lemons before but did not make them myself. With the lemonade idea though I might have to do some. Thanks for the tip!

If you’ve got your grill fired up today, you must try this!

Grilled lemonade.

5 lemons
1 cup of sugar (plus extra for coating the lemons)
4 cups of water
4 cups of ice cubes

Cut the lemons in half, and dip them in sugar so they will caramelize in the grill.
Grill them on high for 6-8 minutes.

Let them cool a bit, then juice them into a pitcher. Add 1 cup of sugar, water, and ice.
Enjoy!!

Great post!
I've had grilled lemons with food but never thought of doing lemonade with it.
I spent a good chunk of time in Australia in 2008 and with breakfast they would serve these halved tomatoes grilled with sprigs of fresh thyme and WOW the concentrated and caramelized sugars in the tomato were amazing!

So I guess I'm saying, feel free to halve and grill some tomatoes sometime :)

Reactions: PoukieBear
Wife unit doesn't like grilled fruit (vegetables). Therefore nothing for us unless I do it for me.

Grilled lemon Lemonade might be a start for her. (I doubt it, sadly.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky