Grilled Cod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big biscuit

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Wallingford, CT
Nothing like catching it yourself then bringing it home for a nice meal. This is from earlier this year. I just got back from a six pack charter to Stellwagen bank for some cod and or haddock. The catch was all cod. So I decided to grill some up. I put the cod over some thinly sliced onions and tomatoes with a little chopped up garlic in the mix.Lubed it up with some evoo and a little butter,and all this was contained in a foil packet. I didn't seal it because I wanted the fish to pick up the flavor of the couple of wood chunks I threw on the charcoal fire. It came out fantastic!!! I pulled the fish off the grill as soon as it started to flake. The wife liked it so much we had this meal three weeks in a row. Oh almost forgot I seasoned it with some McCormicks Bayou Cajun seasoning.

Last edited:
Well this is beautiful!

And how lucky are you that you have access to such fresh cod!!!

Thanks for posting this and sharing!

And if you want a WINE to go with that, come join our new wine group (just started) and the more the merrier so share the word!

Meanwhile, such fabulous fish!!!!! Cheers! Leah

Is that ling or rock cod?   Also I see two foil packets on the grill.  Both contain the same thing?      Looks wonderful.  My wife came back last weekend with a lot of rock and ling cod so I'm now looking for grilling ideas.   Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Is that ling or rock cod?   Also I see two foil packets on the grill.  Both contain the same thing?      Looks wonderful.  My wife came back last weekend with a lot of rock and ling cod so I'm now looking for grilling ideas.   Thanks for sharing.

Craig
Craig that is Atlantic cod. As for the foil packet the other one contained basicly the same thing except for the seasoning. That was kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, a little garlic powder, with a little garnish of parsely on top.

Wow , It's looks just amazing . This is called healthy and as well as yummy recipe. Perfect dish for dinner. Can’t wait to taste it. Thanks

That looks super!

I used to do something very similar with halibut back in the day when halibut was affordable.

Now you got me thinkin???

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky