Grilla Grills Primate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Was just curious if anyone on here was using this the Grilla Grills Primate? Wanted some first had feedback from some actual users vs the videos on YouTube.

I would be surprised if someone on here doesn’t have one. But I have never heard of one. I did watch the video & my suggestion would be to look at a Camp Chef 36 or 48 inch flat top. I have the 36 & it is built like a tank, and it has the grill option as well. Your grill looks very well built, but so is the CS, and the CS is a whole lot cheaper.
Al

I would be surprised if someone on here doesn’t have one. But I have never heard of one. I did watch the video & my suggestion would be to look at a Camp Chef 36 or 48 inch flat top. I have the 36 & it is built like a tank, and it has the grill option as well. Your grill looks very well built, but so is the CS, and the CS is a whole lot cheaper.
Al
Thanks AL. I didn't even know they made one! That thing actually is exactly what I'm looking for for half the price of the Primate. Do they make a lid for it? I cant seem to find one. It'll be out back on a patio that is not covered

Last edited:
I can't help you.
The only Video I saw was "Gorillas in The Mist".
That was pretty good though.

Bear

Thanks AL. I didn't even know they made one! That thing actually is exactly what I'm looking for for half the price of the Primate. Do they make a lid for it? I cant seem to find one. It'll be out back on a patio that is not covered

No but they make a nice canvas cover. I have mine outside here in Florida & It still looks like It’s brand new.
Al

No but they make a nice canvas cover. I have mine outside here in Florida & It still looks like It’s brand new.
Al
I'm just worried about it rusting? The one I have now I have had a TERRIBLE time with the griddle itself. I've seasoned it multiple times multiple ways and the seasoning keep flaking off.

I'm just worried about it rusting? The one I have now I have had a TERRIBLE time with the griddle itself. I've seasoned it multiple times multiple ways and the seasoning keep flaking off.

The griddle is made of rolled steel, just like my Lang. After a cook I clean it with water & a brush, or scraper if needed. But it is so well seasoned, it’s basically non stick. So after cleaning it I turn the burners off & when the surface is dry, I spray Pam all over it and that’s it.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky