Grilla Grill OG Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TH-n-PA

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 28, 2022
South Central PA
Finally I can give a review!!!!

I bought my Grilla and received it first of February this year. Looking for reviews about it before purchasing is how I found this place.....

New to pellet grills, smoking, and culinary grilling I was very excited to get started!

I had issues from the start with back burning, temps, failure to feed, condensation, etc.
I assumed user error since new to this and tried everything I could think of to no avail.

Finally 6 months later after 100 hours wasted tending pellets and hopper fires.....I contacted Grilla customer support.
After a couple of emails back and forth dude said, "This grill needs to be vented since it doesn't have a smoke stack it needs somewhere for the smoke to go. Leave a half inch gap when closing the lid and you'll likely never run into this issue again. I own one of these as well and I do this everytime."

😐

They could have added this bit of info in the instruction manual.......

So after a few short smokes and one long brisket (we won't discuss that) smoke I am happy to report it is running flawlessly!

I was always happy with the food it made but now it is even better due to more smoke in the grill instead of it escaping out the auger.

Temp control is consistent, ease of use is there, small footprint, jerky grates are awesome, second tier full and half cooking grates rock, and I got the grill/sear grates but have not tried them yet.

I found almost no reviews of the Grilla OG online but heard they have an awesome FaceBook group (which I'm not joining FB just for that) so if I can help with any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers!
Travis

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky