Grill Wind Guard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

womk

Original poster
May 23, 2023
Hello everyone, according to various installation problems of blackstone wind guard on the market, I designed three products. Whichever design of mine you like best, I will use it for the final development.

The function of this product is to block the wind that blows out the flame. Stabilize the temperature of the skillet. At the same time, energy consumption can be reduced.

Option 1: 430 food-grade stainless steel, easy to clean. Magnetic design. Adhesive to the baking sheet.

Option 2: 430 food-grade stainless steel, easy to clean. Magnetic design. Adsorbed on the furnace body.

Option 3: The material is carbon steel, which is very hard. You can disassemble and install the adsorption part through screws according to your own needs, and change the upper and lower adsorption positions without affecting the use of the ventilation window, which is always facing downward.

Which design do you like?

IMG_3947.JPG

Depending how warm it would get, magnets lose there giddy-up when heated. Just saying from experience.
And welcome

I took some leftover ductwork from a furnace repair and traced the top outline and folded over a 3/8 in lip for a friction fit. The metal just hangs on the side. Super easy to move and clean. Tin snips, pliers and hammer is all it takes to make them.

Attachments

• windgard1.jpg
    windgard1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 12
  • windgard2.jpg
    windgard2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 11
  • windgard3.jpg
    windgard3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: radioguy
You say grill but it looks like a griddle, already bought 1 for my 17" griddle off of Amazon, works great and has a rack to keep food hot when taken off the griddle, just remember galvanized metals give off bad fumes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky