Greycup football day in Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Hey everybody

Its Greycup day up here.  The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing.  Now you gotta understand that all of us from Sask are considered the absolute hillbillies of Canada.  On occasion we've been referred to as one eyed banjo pickers  LOL  BUT.  It doesn't matter where you are in Canada, you'll always see a Sask Riders flag hanging off a car or a Sask Riders bumper sticker on a pick up.  We're fanatics.  Right now I'm glued to the tv watching the game (which by the way we're winning by a runaway).  The last time I watched a football game was about 15 years ago when Sask was in the finals.  We don't ususally do all that great LOL  Just me saying

Gary

Last edited:
Hey Gary, I've been to a couple Sask games, a very long time ago. A close college friend of mine was a halfback with Sask back in the 60s, Ray "Dutch" Purdin. Damn, it was cold there.

Last edited:
We won, We won We won.  Now in the real time scheme of things , not a big deal, I mean for God's sake its a football game.  BUT.. us stubble jumpers only win about once every 15 years or so. , So YES it is a big deal.  Happy, happy, happy.LOL It would be impossible to wipe the grin off my face right now.

Gary

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky