1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greycup football day in Canada

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by GaryHibbert, Nov 24, 2013.

1. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey everybody

Its Greycup day up here.  The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing.  Now you gotta understand that all of us from Sask are considered the absolute hillbillies of Canada.  On occasion we've been referred to as one eyed banjo pickers  LOL  BUT.  It doesn't matter where you are in Canada, you'll always see a Sask Riders flag hanging off a car or a Sask Riders bumper sticker on a pick up.  We're fanatics.  Right now I'm glued to the tv watching the game (which by the way we're winning by a runaway).  The last time I watched a football game was about 15 years ago when Sask was in the finals.  We don't ususally do all that great LOL  Just me saying

Gary

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. jdawg

jdawg Fire Starter

Well this hillbilly in the states is happy for you.

3. dls1

dls1 Smoking Fanatic

Hey Gary, I've been to a couple Sask games, a very long time ago. A close college friend of mine was a halfback with Sask back in the 60s, Ray "Dutch" Purdin. Damn, it was cold there.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  4. GaryHibbert

We won, We won We won.  Now in the real time scheme of things , not a big deal, I mean for God's sake its a football game.  BUT.. us stubble jumpers only win about once every 15 years or so. , So YES it is a big deal.  Happy, happy, happy.LOL It would be impossible to wipe the grin off my face right now.

Gary

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  5. GaryHibbert

Hey Dsl

Its always cold up here for Greycup.  What I couldn't believe was the total lack of snow in Regina.  I have 2 feet of the crap on the ground right now

Gary