Greetings from WI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ditch parrot

Original poster
Jun 23, 2017
NE Wisconsin
Greetings from the great state of Wisconsin. I currently have a 8 year old smokehallow propane smoker which has worked fairly well with a few mods and doesn't owe me anything, but I'm saving a few pennies to get a PBC. I've been eyeing one for a while and like it's features. I have a 10lbs pork butt I'm going to smoke for Sunday dinner using Bextens rub. I saw the sticky under pork for SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and gonna give it a whirl. My wonderful wife said her mouth is watering already when I showed her the recipe for it. 

As far as what we like to do outside of BBQ, we enjoy gardening in the summer as we can our own jam, veggies and other items. In the fall and winter we enjoy pheasant hunting with our two black female labs, Greta and Belle. I enjoy training them throughout the year, although they still act like meatheads when someone visits. The other thing that takes up a good chunk of our energy is we are host parents for the Milwaukee Brewers Low-A team here in town. We've been doing it for 6 years now and love having the boys live with us. We've visited their families around the country and have been included in their weddings and other important days.

That pretty much sums up our lives. We look forward to visiting this sight often.

Welcome! Good to see more people from the Appleton area getting on the forum and just being passionate for BBQ.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky