Greetings from VA

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by julz, Jun 19, 2012.

1. julz

julz Newbie

I have an extra wide Masterbuilt Propane Smoker that I purchased last summer.  I have cooked beef and pork in it with rave reviews, but I need help with the Chicken!  It turns black and rubbery everytime!  How do you get the beautiful chicken that I am seeing pictures of?

2. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

[​IMG]  to SMF!!!! We're happy to have you here! Lot's of great people here who love to help each other! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks! There are a lot of things you can do with chicken, I usually smoke it between 275*-300* and it gets a nice golden brown, to help crisp up the skin I sometimes throw it on my gas grill for a couple of minutes after smoking. You can find a lot more by using the search bar at the top, it really can be your best friend on this forum!

3. Hello and welcome to SMF! Glad you joined us. Dave gave you some good advice, most folks smoke it at higher temps and finish off the skin on a grill.

4. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

[​IMG] welcome to SMF

5. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hello  and [​IMG]to SMF - glad you joined in the fun - Dave gave you some great advice on the chicken