Greetings from the Great State of Arizona

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jethro

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Tucson, Arizona
Hello all, I've been lurking around here for awhile and this looks like a nice friendy place to hang out. I live in Tucson and have lived here 'bout 5 years, a transplant from Michigan ( Last one leaving please turn out the lights). My wife (of 20 years) and I are self employed since moving to AZ. I was introduced to smoking meats at a very young age, my Dad used to smoke a lot of fish, mostly sucker and the neighbor had a pretty large smoke house in his backyard for wild game and such although I was too young to learn anything from him he liked me and I aways got samples. I started with an ECB several years ago and it worked well with a few mods. I am by no means any kind of pro at this stuff and still consider myself a beginner. I love to experiment and have tried almost everything from turtle to rabbit. Mostly smokin' and bbq'n just give me an excuse just to chill out and drink my beer :D

A man after my own heart. Chillin, drinkin beer and smoking meat 8)

Glad to have you on board. Any help you need just ask and someone will be glad to help, if you know the answers to someones elses question, jump right in. Keep us posted on your smokes. We love pictures. :D

Happy to have you on board, Jethro!

We have a lot in common. I grew up in Maine and I never knew if supper meant something store bought, hooked, trapped, shot, run down or scraped off the bottom of a rock! But of it breathed it could be cooked!

Hang in here and share with us as we share with you and I'm sure you will really enjoy the friendly spot we have created in an otherwise unfriendly world!

Seems to me you would really enjoy the threads in the Wild Game section

So, kick back, pop a top, and relax as we all enjoy our hobby!

Cheers!

Glad you stopped by Jethro. Pull up a chair and stick around for a while! Great place be, learn, chat, and have fun. I'll be in Phoenix this week for opening day and to christen that new stadium. Could you place a call to Mom Nature and ask for a cold front for me..?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, looks like I picked a nice place to hang out. For Smokemack a big windy guy named John (as in hurricane for those who don't watch mexican weather) already placed that call. you picked a good week only upper 80's here all week, that's as much of a cold front as you get this time of year. Take care.

Welcome to SMF, Jethro. As you noticed, this is a great family friendly site. Take an opportunity and check out tulsajeffs 5-day eCourse, there is a great deal of information that is useful for the newbie as well as the more advanced smoker.

Looking forward to your adventures in smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky