Greetings from north texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigDave11

Original poster
Mar 7, 2023
Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm about an hour north of dallas. I learned about smoking meats when i went to college in alabama by the old guys that worked the pit at the local bbq spot. I first started smoking on an old weber kettle, picked up a vertical pit boss pellet smoker, then traded the kettle for a large big green egg. I've been smoking maybe once or twice a month for the past 10 years or so. My favorite is spare ribs. Dry > Wet. I love eastern carolina style vinegar based sauces and south carolina mustard sauces. I fell in love with bbq when i was 15 drivng from miami to west virginia with my church when we stopped on the ga side of the fl/ga border on i95 and found a small shack serving the greatest pulled pork sandwich that has ever existed and I have been trying to recreate that high ever since. Joined mainly to find tips on smoking some beautiful venison racks i have. Thanks.

madhouse.jpg

B BigDave11 welcome to the biggest group of nicest folks you'll ever meet. Lots of info to share and we like to learn also. So jump on in, get ya feet wet and join the madness.

Jim

Welcome from Georgia, I'm new here too and there are some great people to learn from.

Welcome aboard Dave. You come for the tips, but you'll stay for the experience.

Chris

Welcome from Middle TN from antoher Dave. Hide your wallet around here, these folks will bleed it dry if you don't watch it!

Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm about an hour north of dallas. I learned about smoking meats when i went to college in alabama by the old guys that worked the pit at the local bbq spot. I first started smoking on an old weber kettle, picked up a vertical pit boss pellet smoker, then traded the kettle for a large big green egg. I've been smoking maybe once or twice a month for the past 10 years or so. My favorite is spare ribs. Dry > Wet. I love eastern carolina style vinegar based sauces and south carolina mustard sauces. I fell in love with bbq when i was 15 drivng from miami to west virginia with my church when we stopped on the ga side of the fl/ga border on i95 and found a small shack serving the greatest pulled pork sandwich that has ever existed and I have been trying to recreate that high ever since. Joined mainly to find tips on smoking some beautiful venison racks i have. Thanks.
Welcome aboard. I am interested in trying to recreate a magical pulled pork BBQ from my childhood from a small BBQ shack in Selma Alabama. It was both vinegary and mustardy which does not fit with anything I have found so far. Can't wait to hear what you come up with the recreate your "high" pulled pork.

Welcome aboard. I am interested in trying to recreate a magical pulled pork BBQ from my childhood from a small BBQ shack in Selma Alabama. It was both vinegary and mustardy which does not fit with anything I have found so far. Can't wait to hear what you come up with the recreate your "high" pulled pork.
Sounds like a cross between North and South Carolina Q.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky