Greetings from Downunder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the SMF!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Glad you've joined us at the SMF. You'll meet plenty of nice folks here that are more than willing to help you out, or just share experiences and fun too.

Hi Urban Griller, I'm new here too.
Like your videos.
smile.gif

My friends are convinced that it takes exactly 7 minutes to chill a hot beer down in an ice chest full of ice. If I add salt to my ice chest, will I be able to have a cold one before they do?

I'm going to give it a try....
cool.gif

You can bring beer to a drinkable temperature in 2 minutes, this is a trick we use at piss-ups all the time. One of my ice chests is marked "Salty Water" so the unsuspecting don't use the ice in mixed drinks. I also use a wind up egg timer so the beer doesnt freeze, all my mates are used to the routine now!

Cheers
Chris

Urban Griller,

Welcome... I attended the New Hampshire state BBQ championship this past summer and one of the vendors was a team called Aussom Aussie Australian BBQ out of Sydney... http://www.aussomaussie.com ... their ribs were simply amazing! Also had an opportunity to try their pulled pork which was also unbelievable.

Welcome aboard!

Matt

Salt will melt ice quicker (thats how it works), thats why they use it to melt ice on roads. I've found the ice is mostly gone in 20 to 24hrs but the food is still frozen, if I'm fishing for a week or so, I replace the mix every day to keep everything frozen (this is also a good way to bring frozen food and creature comforts from home (like ice cream).

If you watch the video I demonstrate how to draw a simple graph which will let you control the temperature by varying the amount of ice from -32F (-18C) up.

I'll make a Doc out of the graph on the weekend for anyone who wants it.

Cheers
Chris

That would be great to have that graph ... thanks mate for sharing!

Was talking to my brother, Triple B (Brian) over the phone yesterday and he made a small batch using 10 oz. of ice with 3 oz. of salt.
Temp. went all the way down to -35º F ... way cool!
icon_biggrin.gif

I guess I'm the only sicko on the board, but what's the chances of smoked kangaroo ribs, butts, tail, etc.?
biggrin.gif
Oh yeah...sorry...Welcome, glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing the videos, and remember we love pics of que.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Guess I just answered my own question. Just looked at your website, and saw the receipes for roo burgers, and bbq roo, etc.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
Bet it tastes like chicken! Course aligator tail tastes like pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky