Greetings from down under

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mallanganee

Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Northern NSW Australia
I've just got myself a propane smoker, similar to one of the Outdoor leisure types but, due to a simple slip which has left me effectively one-handed for a few months, I haven't been able to play with it very much yet. I've got access to lots of different Aussie woods (various Eucalypts and Acacias - gums and wattles) as well as all sorts of fruit trees so I guess I'm going to be a while comparing them all.My only previous smoking experience involved a wooden box in an old shed, a length of pipe and a trailer load of sawdust to smoke a couple of pieces of pork. Tasted great though!

I live in a small country town in Northern NSW but I haven't worked out how to pin it on the Smoke tracker but if you google my user name its the worlds one and only!

I've been lurking for a wee while, partly because it's awkward typing with one finger instead of two and partly because it's so frustrating not being able to play with my smoker. I'll take a run through Jeffs course in a few days and hopefully I'll have some fish to experiment with next weekend.

Cheers to all

Bob

Hi Bob! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky