Greetings from Central PA!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cman55

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
York, PA
Hello Everybody!

I'm not new to grilling but definetly new to smoking meats. My wife got me a MES40" Gen2 for Christmas and I've been experimenting with it ever since. I absolutely love how it cooks and it takes some getting used to not having to do anything for hours on end except spritz some juice onto whatever it is you're smoking every now and then. I've even cured my own bacon with wonderful results. 

I'm learning so much from reading all the posts here in this forum. Once I get my smoker dialed in, I'll start posting pictures of what I'm working on. I'm not a know it all and look forward to learning from everyone kind enough to help a newbie learn how to do things the right way!

Smoke On!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members and over 900,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast and the “Articles” section is chock full of good useful information and “how-to’s”!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Howdy Neighbor!  Hopefully, we'll keep each other up to speed on where we can get the best meats for our new hobby! I was just at Stolzfus out in Intercourse and got a great Pork Belly for a really good price. Got it in the brine as we type!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are glad you joined us!
If you need help roaming around here...just shout.  Will be happy to help out!
Kat

Welcome to the SMF Family...Plenty of good people here and lots of PA guys too...JJ

Wow! Thanks for the really warm welcome everybody 
icon_lol.gif

I had no idea so many folks were from SePA on the board. Mostly, when you think of smoking meats and such,  you'd think Southern right? Guess we'll have tons of stories to share. Again, right now, it looks like Lancaster Co. has the best prices on meats so I'll be making my purchases there unless someone has better options. 

Smoke On!

There is a Butcher in Columbia and on the York side of the river on 462 in Wrightsville called Andy's Market. Get's good meat and Andy is a great guy will special order and do custom cuts. Farther out into York County in East Berlin is Wayne Nell and Sons, Slaughter House and Custom Butcher. You name it they have it or will get it. Here is the website, been dealing with them for Years...http://www.pameats.com/   You should also check out Twin Pines Farm Country Store, Seven Valleys...Best Deer Bologna in the State and custom cutting as well. Dude, Google Butchers York County Pa...You are surrounded by good meat!  Good Luck...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky