Greenhouse Pics 2013

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by nedtorious, Feb 25, 2013.

1. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

I thought I would share some pics of what I got growing in my greenhouse, There isn't to much going on, I'm off to kind of a slow start this season. I plan to update as the season progresses. Thanks for looking! 

Broccoli

Cabbage

Brussels Sprouts

Float Bed

2. kathrynn

kathrynn Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You have got to keep sharing pics as things keep growing!  I wanna be your neighbor!  [​IMG]

3. shoneyboy

shoneyboy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Thats very nice...keep the pics coming...

5. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ned, morning....  Looking good...  I need a greenhouse...  Keep us up to date....  Dave

6. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Very nice!

I need to and will eat more fruits and vegetables  [​IMG]

7. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Looks great!

8. Thanks for pics. look forward to seeing more. Two years ago i built a small GH out of PVC pipe and Plastic sheeting. Time to get out there and start the sugar peas and peppers.

9. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great!

I sure wish I had a greenhouse.  Between the rain, cold weather, and my being sick I haven't gotten any garden work prep done this winter.  The one thing I'm finding out about retirement is you have all the time in the world, but then money becomes the issue (which is why I don't have a greenhouse right now).  It's either time or money, you can't have both.

10. Haven't you ever seen this bumper sticker before:  RETIRED NO job NO responsibility NO money......[​IMG]

11. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

I wish I had a greenhouse or hoop house. I just have a couple of earthboxes and a pipe light with a grow bulb from lowes. I have 6 types of lettece going in the in my kitchen . Waiting on spring.

12. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great. What mil plastic did you use to line the float system and how is it holding up?

13. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

3.5 mil. It holds up well. I laid some styrofoam on the underside of it to keep rocks from poking through.

14. dward51

ha!!!!  That's what I need on my truck.

Only good thing is with gas getting to $4 here, I'm only having to tank up about once a month instead of about every 4 days when I was driving to work everyday.  I joked to the wife this weekend that I'm still burning some of that $3.26 a gallon gas I bought and it's $3.84 and climbing now.

15. I know how you feel, but a guy without his truck is useless. Me driving my wife's sub-compact......I don't think so.

16. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

My truck gets great gas mileage sitting in my driveway.

Now you are in bigger trouble. Making gasses with your greenhouse? Watch out for the helicopters and drones overhead?  [​IMG]

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  17. dward51

Ned,

Tell us more about that float bed.  That looks interesting and I have not seen one of those before.

18. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

The float bed is actually pretty simple. It's made with 2x6s and black plastic. You fill it with water and the trays float. The best part is no watering. Next year when I replace the plastic I'll take some pics. I have some more pics to post when I get a chance. :)

19. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

I finally got a chance to add some more pics! Thanks for looking!

20. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ned, morning... Nice looking plants.....   you've been busy.......     

Dave

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013