Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett WIFI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Agree with above. Make sure you call the right tech support line- one is for wifi/network and another is for the actual grill. Your manual has both phone numbers. Or do it over email. Clearly one Choice owner has already contradicted the message you got from GMG.

If that doesn't work return it to the store you bought it from. You've obviously learned it doesn't work like every other wifi connected devise in the world.

I am pretty sure a class action lawsuit is unnecessary. But you do you.

I don't have the time or money for class action lawsuits but I can tell you about lemon laws and cars. I know that the car manufacturer will act like the problem you are experiences has only happen to you. Then you might find out years later there is a class action lawsuit effecting thousands of people. I heard a story from a lemon law attorney on youtube that one of his clients(after being told he was the only one experiencing the problem) asked people in the waiting room if anyone else had the problem he was experience and everyone raised their hand.

I do know people buying the grill expect the WIFI to work even after minor power interruptions since its a long process to setup wifi again.

I will let you know how it goes after I call them and speak to a different agent.

Thanks.

I could not get anyone on the phone today but I finally got this reply from GMG.

"
Hi,
We are currently working on a fix for this issue.
Best
GMG
"

I hope this is for real and they are not just playing lip service.

If the Grill's hardware is not able to retain even the smallest amount of memory, then perhaps the information could be stored on the APP and communicated to the grill on startup.

I'm talking about storing the grill's serial number so it can directly connect with the grill as well as the SSID of your WIFI as well as the saved user name and password.

Its amazing, there is just 3 pieces of data not being stored that is causing so much trouble. SSID, User name, Password.

Lets wait and see if GMG is really going to fix this.

I have a prime Jim Bowie and I do not have this issue.

Mate that support guy is incorrect. You need to speak to someone else.

I could not get anyone on the phone today but I finally got this reply from GMG.

"
Hi,
We are currently working on a fix for this issue.
Best
GMG
"

I hope this is for real and they are not just playing lip service.

If the Grill's hardware is not able to retain even the smallest amount of memory, then perhaps the information could be stored on the APP and communicated to the grill on startup.

I'm talking about storing the grill's serial number so it can directly connect with the grill as well as the SSID of your WIFI as well as the saved user name and password.

Its amazing, there is just 3 pieces of data not being stored that is causing so much trouble. SSID, User name, Password.

Lets wait and see if GMG is really going to fix this.

That’s crazy.

What do they expect for you to do in the meantime while they “work on a fix for that issue”?

Of course do as you feel best. But were it me, I’d take it right back to them, demand my money back, and tell them to call me when they get it worked out.

Last edited:
That’s crazy.

What do they expect for you to do in the meantime while they “work on a fix for that issue”?

Of course do as you feel best. But were it me, I’d take it right back to them, demand my money back, and tell them to call me when they get it worked out.

I am lucky in that I also own a Akorn Kamado and Webber smocky joe jr. to help me out until this fix was done. I did finally contact them back and they told me the fix was done and it should be working but I have not tested it myself since my pellet grill is now in my basement storage. Next time I try it out, I will let you know if it actually works or not.

Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky