Green Mountain DB temp inconsistency

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cfpdscott

Original poster
Dec 30, 2017
So I made a post earlier about how my initial cook didn't go so well and I figured since it's finally not below 0 out I'd do some investigating with my maverick thermometer and see what happened. Long story short I cooked 2 pork shoulders the same way I've done it 100 times on my MES and always had success and it didn't turn out nearly as good on my DB. My first clue was the 9lb shoulder being done about 2 hours before te 6lb shoulder. After doing some testing I figured out that the temp at the front of the grill or the door side was reading approx 80 degrees higher than the back of the grill. Anyone have any advice on how to correct this? I can only move the heat shield left to right not so much front to back.

Reactions: KCowTown
I've heard this complaint many times regarding GMGs. You need to play with the heat deflectors on the grill to get the temps evened out. I suggest moving them around based on where your hotspots are and cooking up some bacon to help identify if you have improved or not.

Their customer service may be able to help you. Once people get it evened out, they are typically happy with the units.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky