Green Chile Stuffed Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Everybody talking about Green Chiles, tis the season!
Fueling Around Fueling Around asked if you could stuff chops with chiles, I assured him it was possible and thus had to make some.
I whipped up a batch of really thick Green Chile sauce and some Arroz Mexicana to go with it.

Green Chile Sauce
2T bacon grease
2T flour
1/2c minced onion
1/2T minced garlic
1/4t ground cumin
1-1/2c pork or chicken stock
1c finely chopped green chiles
1/2t ground Mexican oregano
Salt/pepper to taste

Saute onion and garlic in grease till opaque.
Add flour, cumin and cook for a few minutes more.
Add stock and bring to a boil, cook to desired thickness.
Add chiles and Mexican oregano and simmer for 5-10+ minutes depending on how thick you want it.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

5cUqEXq.jpg

Green Chile Stuffed Chops

You need big, 2" inch thick chops with plenty of room for stuffings, and thick enough that you have plenty of time for smoking without over cooking.
You can smoke them all the way or finish them on the grill or in a frying pan.
I like to lightly tie mine closed and keep those slippery chiles and cheeses from sliding out during the cook.

Two inch thick boneless chops hand carved off a whole pork loin.
Wet brined for 6 hours and then cut deep pockets.
***Do NOT butterfly these wide open, you want pockets.***

Seasoned inside and out with a mix of Prairie Dust and granulated garlic/onion, then stuffed with cheese stuffed green chiles and then some thinly sliced onion.
Lightly tie them closed, and then into a 225°-250° smoker over some mesquite for an hour and a half and finished by searing in a cast iron skillet.

bZaMIQV.jpg

GeXPTGw.jpg

DcrZKJM.jpg

The Finale!

vanLAbz.jpg

n69fKaw.jpg

Last edited:
Man Chile those look mouthwatering!! I have some nice thick chops in the freezer. Bookmarking this so I can try a Keto version of that sauce with this.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Dammit man. I could say more but that pretty much covers it. Nice job bud
Thanks Jake... I said, "Dammit those look good" when plating it, and I said it again when it was all gone.
Man Chile those look mouthwatering!! I have some nice thick chops in the freezer. Bookmarking this so I can try a Keto version of that sauce with this.
Do it to it Jeff, tasty eats fo'shur!... and, thank you.
Awe. Some!
Thanks Inda... Awe man, I want Some more!

Very nice! I do enjoy Green Chiles, even the Canned variety. All I can get. That Sauce is similar to one I make for Chicken Enchiladas. I add Hvy Cream and thicken it like Gravy. I mix this Green Chile Gravy into Shredded Chicken, from making the Stock, and roll in Sauced Corn Tortilla's. I add more Red Chile Sauce on top and lots of Cheeses, then bake...JJ

Awe. Some!

Awe. Inspiring!! What an amazing looking meal Chile. As soon as I saw it scroll across the carousel (where it fully deserves to be) I kinda had a feeling it was yours. Beautiful job as always and a flawless presentation. Kudos on yet another breathtaking meal.

WOW!!
Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
Oh man that looks so good!!
Thank you Saint, they tasted pretty good too.
Wow Chili those chops look phenomenal
Greatly appreciate it, thanks Peachey.
Very nice! I do enjoy Green Chiles, even the Canned variety. All I can get. That Sauce is similar to one I make for Chicken Enchiladas. I add Hvy Cream and thicken it like Gravy. I mix this Green Chile Gravy into Shredded Chicken, from making the Stock, and roll in Sauced Corn Tortilla's. I add more Red Chile Sauce on top and lots of Cheeses, then bake...JJ
Thanks Jimmy,
that makes two of us chileheads, simply love'em.
I usually make salsa verde and add creme fresca to make green enchilada sauce, I'll have to try it with green chiles versus tomatillos and jalapenos.
Mix Roja and Verde?! Heresy! 😲 J/K

Thanks for the shout out.
I won't be anywhere close to the kettle or pooper for some time to give it a try with my own creativity.
Farming, harvest so long days and stupid late posts when I should be sleeping.
Whats your crop?
Work hard/play hard, it'll come.
Wow, those look awesome!
Thank ya very much.
Awe. Inspiring!! What an amazing looking meal Chile. As soon as I saw it scroll across the carousel (where it fully deserves to be) I kinda had a feeling it was yours. Beautiful job as always and a flawless presentation. Kudos on yet another breathtaking meal.

WOW!!
Robert
Robert, you're way too kind and generous... Thank you sir.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky