Green Chile Grilled Chicken Casserole

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just so happen to have some homemade salsa verde. This is going on the list of Firehouse cooks! Will be made soon!
And they got a 4' flat top!!!! YES!!!!!

Question- Is this what you season the chicken with, or does this go in the sauce?
Thanks.
That goes in the sauce.
I just eyeballed a bunch of herbs/spices for the chicken, put the chicken in a 2.5gal Ziploc and dumped in the spices, mixed it around and let it marinate for several hours.

Reactions: indaswamp
Great recipe chilerelleno chilerelleno !

Awesome way to use up some of the homemade salsa verde from last years garden...
IMG_20211018_151906517.jpg

IMG_20211018_151909592.jpg

I toasted the tortillas on a large blackstone, finished all of them (both sides) in less than 20 minutes.
IMG_20211018_142240334.jpg

I also took your advice and pulled 1/3 of the sauce aside and folded the grilled chicken in the 2/3 for layering. That works well.
IMG_20211018_153721888.jpg

Thanks Chile!!

Last edited:
Looks great Chile. Very similar to New Mexican chicken enchiladas (stacked). I’m making some tonight and going in with some cream cheese mixed with sour cream and home made green Chile sauce from Pueblo chilies. Congratulations on the carousel ride.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky