Greek Style Grilled Chicken With Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Not a lot of pictures in this one but figured I would share what I grilled up last night. Have been wanting to try something of the sorts for quite awhile now and after a little digging I found what I thought sounded like a good dinner to me. So I went with it.

Pulled two packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts out of the freezer when I got home from work and did a quick defrost. Weighed out to about 3 pounds. Kind of simple but here is the marinade that I came up with:

1 cup greek yogurt
3/4 cup olive oil
6 TBS lemon juice
6 TBS dried oregano
6 TSP minced garlic
2 TSP black pepper
Pinch of dill

Dump about 1/2 to 3/4 of it over the chicken just enough to coat and cover everything and refrigerate for at least an hour. Reserve the rest of the marinade for basting while on the grill.
greek1.jpg

While that was marinating I whipped up a quick Greek salad dressing compliments of Jeff jcam222 jcam222 . This is his recipe I stole and man its great!

1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 lemon juiced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Toss everything in a mason jar, secure tightly, and shake the hell out of it. Toss it in the fridge while you are grilling the chicken and assembling your salad.

Also make sure you cut up a couple lemons into thick slices and take them out while you are grilling the chicken. Grill running 400-450. Turn the chicken a couple times. Each time you turn baste in that extra marinade until the chicken gets to temp. Grill the lemon slices until they get some
nice color. Here is the finished product:
greek2.jpg

Made a nice Greek salad to accompany and poured the fresh dressing over the top. Not much of an olive fan so omitted those.
greek3.jpg

The chicken had wonderful flavor. I wouldn't want to go too long in the marinade maybe more than 3-4 hours due to the acidity in the lemon juice but 1 hour was about perfect. Possibly a little tzatziki next time too. The salad dressing was stellar and really put a simple salad over the top. Anyways I will quit jabbering but wanted to share a couple pics and the recipe. Thanks for checking it out and stay safe out there!

John

That’s a great looking meal John! I love greek flavors. Been eating chicken out the wazoo lately but I sure could go for some

That salad looks to die for. A little meat, cheese and olives on it and it’s a meal in itself.

Very nicely done!

Wow John. That is one stellar looking meal buddy. It all looks world class and verging on being 5-star. Great job and if you're gonna steal a dressing recipe you can't go wrong thieving from Jeff. I've done it many times and all have been fantastic.

Looks delicious john. Nice work all around. Throw some kalamata olives on my salad please

Gotta chime in here with Jake. Kalamata olives are a must. Heck, I could sit there and eat them by the jar full.

Big LIKE sir!!
Robert

Reactions: jcam222
I know that had wonderful flavors! Nice throw together recipe and they always turn out good

Add me to the kalamata crew!! That chicken looks good. Think I might steal that marinade and give it a go! Great looking meal John. Glad you liked the dressing.

Well you had me fooled John, I was thinking grape leaves were going to be in there somewhere. Of course that would show I know absolutely nothing about Greek cuisine, and I really don't. That being said everything on that plate looks perfect and delicious, I'll take the olives on mine also, Like! RAY

John that looks like an excellent meal especially with the heat and humidity we've been experiencing lately. Well Done my friend.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks amazing! Awesome plated pic. I could be a thief and steal the whole thing! I'm with you...I give my olives to all the others.

Ryan

That’s a great looking meal John! I love greek flavors. Been eating chicken out the wazoo lately but I sure could go for some

That salad looks to die for. A little meat, cheese and olives on it and it’s a meal in itself.

Very nicely done!

Thanks Joe. I am thinking chicken gyros with tzatziki tonight with the leftovers.

Reactions: fullborebbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky