Great Site!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by doug123, Jun 14, 2006.

1. doug123

doug123 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Hi,

My name is Doug from Pittsburgh. Someone just gave me a Brinkmann Gourmet electric smoker and I was looking for rib recipes and found this site. Really great! I have always liked grilling but after looking at a few things on this site I can see I have a lot to learn. The last couple times I have tried to make ribs on the grill they were pretty disappointing so I can't wait to try it with a smoker. Never used one before.

Anyway, I can't wait to fire that smoker up soon and try some of these great recipes! Thanks!

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the Smoking Meat Forum Doug. We'll be happy to help you about the smoking art. Check out the different rib topics in the Pork Forum-that will give you something to experiment with. You might want to sign up for tulsajeffs' Smoking Basics Course, it has a lot of information that will get you started in the right direction.

3. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi Doug,
    Welcome to the best smoking forum on the web! Hope you enjoy the company here as much as I do ..... not to mention the knowledge that is shared regularly.

4. doug123

doug123 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Thanks guys!

I will definitely be asking questions.

I think I am going to try my first batch of ribs next weekend with the 3-2-1 method.

Can't wait!

I'll have my questions ready before I start.