Great deal on Weber 22

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigW.

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2019
Nebraska
I ran across this grill while renewing my Pheasant Forever membership. It appears to have many (all?) Mastertouch features at less than half the price. Shipping was $25, but if someone is looking for a kettle this may be an awesome deal. Maybe too good to be true, or maybe I'm missing something?

Agree, it is a great deal with upgraded ash trap and hinged grate. I wasn't looking for another kettle but at that price it is tough to say no.

Not a bad deal, but watch Marketplace and Craigslist. People let them go for $50 all the time after they are a year old and they have only used them once or twice.

It's the end-of-summer sales! Walmart has the Weber 22's with the old-school ash tray for under $90, with free shipping to my porch.

Scheel's is certainly legitimate: https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/scheels-com-review/

Correction: That Walmart Weber is a 22-inch "Jumbo Joe". The bottom is not as deep as a normal kettle, which is $139. So I can't vouch for it.
Then again, it might fit better into small vehicles.

Last edited:
It appears it does not have the bail for hanging the lid, charcoal baskets or fancy wheels as the Mastertouch. But it is roughly the same price as the original Weber. It may be closer to the Premium model which retails for $219.

Damn. Even with 24.99 shipping it's still cheaper than the 22 weber I bought a few years ago.

B BigW. It says it has the hook for hanging the lid in the description thoug? Or are you talking about the ring where the lit kinda flips up into it? I might jump in one too

B BigW. It says it has the hook for hanging the lid in the description thoug? Or are you talking about the ring where the lit kinda flips up into it? I might jump in one too
If you look at the top down picture, I do not see the wire ring holder for the lid. I believe it has the old school hook under the lid for hanging. One of the differences between Mastertouch & Premium is type of lid holder.

I'm too old to buy a new kettle, and it appears the crowd I run with can't afford a MasterTouch since I've apparently never seen one, but I'm really digging that lid holder. And I do have some quarter-inch tubing in the garage....

I got my Weber grill from this site https://dicksonbbq.com/ and I highly recommend it as well to everyone who's looking for a good deal on grills, smokers, and everything grilling related. What I like about them is that they carry a lot of different brands and models which gives you a lot of options to choose from.

I live in a town with a large population of "Snowbirds" , southern living in the winter and here in the summer, they throw away so many grills. We have a dump the allows picking and recycling is encouraged. In 45 years here I have never bought a grill and have found ten Webers some like new. I am not allowed to bring any more home.
One Performer cart, three 22's, one 18 and four Smokey Joe's. the Performer is set up as a permanent pizza oven using a DIY knock off of the Kettle Pizza set up.
I feel blessed.
Pizza Kettle 1.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky