gravity fed 80 air tank?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jessie hodges

Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
has anyone ever done this or heard of this. i have access to a new 80 gallon air tank and i was wondering if anyone has ever done it or thought of doing it. if someone has could you post pics please. i have a 40"masterbuilt propane smoker and im looking to build something neat and or different.

ive never seen one and thought it might be neat to try it. i figured it would hold pretty good heat since its thick metal

im unsure of a coating on the inside. im thinking it might hold the heat in well as someone stated above. i was thinking i could add a chute to it on one side and make it similar in design like a squared off box version. i could fill in the boxed off area with some sort of insulation. My friend has a rectangular piece of steel that 10 ft long that i could get for free and has very limited rust on it and its a 5x7 and a half inch thick,i could cut it down and use it as the chute. once i start on this project ill post as many pics as i can. is there any formulas that i need to use as far as the chute?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky