• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Grassy's outdoor cooking - Smoker. Build

agrasyuk

Joined Jul 24, 2018
Hello Board.
wanted to share my experience of building my outdoor cooking area. aside of the Smoker I also built Grill and Pizza oven. While all 3 cooking stations are already functional this is still WIP. as you can see plenty of work remains on finishing, rain cover, flooring, furniture and such.

Smoker itself

agrasyuk

Joined Jul 24, 2018
ADD:
You are working too hard.
you are probably right, but i just couldn't help it :)
------------------
started with a foundation two years ago. given the soil is almost pure clay and the structure is quite big I dug all the way 4 feet deep to prevent any frost heave

used CMUs for footing (on compacted gravel down below), topped with crushed concrete and poured foundation slab

spring 2017, outlined and installed compartments for the cooking stations, started on brick facia (first bricks i ever laid in my life), poured grill supporting slab and countertop. Smoker will be on the left.

Last edited:

agrasyuk

Joined Jul 24, 2018
started on the smoker itself two months back.

beginning - firebox

Slowly building up. canibalized the bottom air intake door and fuel door from my and my dad's rusting 8 year old grills

welded main door. since last time i welded was high school it took quite some grinding to clean up the ugly seams, but it will hold

but cleaned and painted it does not look too bad.

ADD:
Internal structure is somewhat visible. lips in brickwork hold the shelving.

Last edited:

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks like you did a really nice job on that. Enjoy it.

Chris

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks