Grapevine Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes, had a vineyard so produced 'tons' of this stuff. It's just smoke, no added flavor that I could tell.

If you can get grapevine wood, GET IT!

Smoke is very mild and sweet smelling

Not overpowering

Todd

I like to use grapevine for sword fish, tuna, and salmon.  Most of the vineyards will trim their vines and wind burning it. Well, if they want to burn give it to me I'll burn it.

My method is to collect it from the vineyard, separate the white and red vines in to plastic trash bags and store them in my shed to let them dry.

When the vines are dry I'll break them into small pieces and use them as cold smoke. Red vines for salmon, white for the tuna and sword fish.

I've never tried the vines with pork or meat. But the flavor to the fish is wonderful

Bill G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky