Gouda Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Laurens S.C.
Well its late in the evening, but I am spending my Saturdays putting an HVAC system in a traditional log cabin. So this evening I am smoking a pork tenderloin stuffed with bacon, smoked Gouda, Kalamata olives, onion, diced red apple, and sweet banana pepper relish.
First we add our chopped onion, apple, and some garlic in some olive oil to the cast. Now this was my leftover breakfast bacon, but if you are doing fresh then chop your bacon pieces and saute it first to render and eliminate the olive oil.
20221210_184741.jpg
Now the rest of the filling ingredients.
20221210_185036.jpg
Flatten the loin. I use a combination of filet slicing and cubing hammer to accomplish this. Topped with 6 slices of smoked Gouda and the filling.
20221210_190413.jpg
Now roll the loin carefully keeping the filling from squeezing out. and tie it with butchers twine. I run 1 tie around the length and then tie around it multiple times.
20221210_190931.jpg
Onto the pellet pumper at 250f long enough to give a slight smoke flavor and then I will turn it up to 350f to finish. I'm shooting for a 145f internal Temp. Oh some pear brandy on the rocks. I could tell you how I made it, but I like not going to jail. Oh so good.......
20221210_192339.jpg
boom.jpg
Shhhh don't tell anyone about my small electric rig. So 35 min at 250f we have color and increasing temp to 350f.
20221210_194521.jpg
Added some seasoned green beans / potatoes to the pumper. We have hit 140f IT and will pull to let it rest. My rule of thumb is to pull the meat 5 degrees lower than desired IT and it will continue to rise.
20221210_203315.jpg
Now this is when you grow patient waiting on the IT to fall enough to slice. I have glazed it with duck sauce. This is my favorite sauce for this recipe, and any good kitchen has duck sauce in it. I have also removed the ties.
20221210_204446.jpg
Plated and enjoyed.
20221210_210106.jpg
Thank you for reading.

Well its late in the evening, but I am spending my Saturdays putting an HVAC system in a traditional log cabin. So this evening I am smoking a pork tenderloin stuffed with bacon, smoked Gouda, Kalamata olives, onion, diced red apple, and sweet banana pepper relish.
First we add our chopped onion, apple, and some garlic in some olive oil to the cast. Now this was my leftover breakfast bacon, but if you are doing fresh then chop your bacon pieces and saute it first to render and eliminate the olive oil.
View attachment 650814
Now the rest of the filling ingredients.
View attachment 650815
Flatten the loin. I use a combination of filet slicing and cubing hammer to accomplish this. Topped with 6 slices of smoked Gouda and the filling.
View attachment 650816
Now roll the loin carefully keeping the filling from squeezing out. and tie it with butchers twine. I run 1 tie around the length and then tie around it multiple times.
View attachment 650817
Onto the pellet pumper at 250f long enough to give a slight smoke flavor and then I will turn it up to 350f to finish. I'm shooting for a 145f internal Temp. Oh some pear brandy on the rocks. I could tell you how I made it, but I like not going to jail. Oh so good.......
View attachment 650819
View attachment 650820
Shhhh don't tell anyone about my small electric rig. So 35 min at 250f we have color and increasing temp to 350f.
View attachment 650821
Added some seasoned green beans / potatoes to the pumper. We have hit 140f IT and will pull to let it rest. My rule of thumb is to pull the meat 5 degrees lower than desired IT and it will continue to rise.
View attachment 650832
Now this is when you grow patient waiting on the IT to fall enough to slice. I have glazed it with duck sauce. This is my favorite sauce for this recipe, and any good kitchen has duck sauce in it. I have also removed the ties.
View attachment 650833
Plated and enjoyed.
View attachment 650834
Thank you for reading.

I hate to ask this question as I continually rag on my beautiful wife when she asks, when will it be done?) and i reply with a temperature and she gets pissed.
I Plan on making my own version of this for Christmas and will have a house of houligans, all bringing sides, so here goes. besides temperature of pork and resting, any vague idea on how long this will take at 225/350 to get to 145 degrees. The peace God's will appreciate a planning answer.
than you
john

I hate to ask this question as I continually rag on my beautiful wife when she asks, when will it be done?) and i reply with a temperature and she gets pissed.
I Plan on making my own version of this for Christmas and will have a house of houligans, all bringing sides, so here goes. besides temperature of pork and resting, any vague idea on how long this will take at 225/350 to get to 145 degrees. The peace God's will appreciate a planning answer.
than you
john
I typically dont cook this more than 2 hours at 225f. I start taking temp an hour in. This cook I was rushed so I increased the temp to 350F so it would be done. I think this one took me 1:15 min

Great cook there, 420! I especially like that table in pic #6.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky