Got some goodies in mail

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by swindler, Oct 26, 2009.

1. swindler

swindler Fire Starter

2. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic

You'll love the Maverick ET system. They have been tested many times and are accurate. I use mine mostly for the temp in the smoker probe. I always get the meat probe reporting back temps as high as smoker temp. Bad probe maybe?

What thermometer is that? I have seen that before and want one for my Weber Gold.

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Thermometer, Next on my list...

4. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Call Maverick and inquire. They have great customer service imo.

5. swindler

swindler Fire Starter

6. scpatterson

scpatterson Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You will like the Mavericks...i really like that they keep up with your meat temp and smoker temp. i believe they are the only ones that do that...good luck

7. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats on the new therms. I have the ET73 and think it's a great piece of equipment

8. swindler

swindler Fire Starter

I thought I would be set if I just kicked out the money for a termapen but decided to go this route instead. I like the idea of keeping the lid closed as much as possible.

9. rickw

I just ordered a Thermapen plus I have the ET 73 (among others). They are different instruments for different duties. A good instant read is just as important.

10. swindler

swindler Fire Starter

I understand the diff also like the instant read capability. I just couldn't get all my toys at once. It was hard enough to get this bill passed through my at home congress.

11. rickw

Oh believe me I understand completely. It's always a work in progress.

12. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic