Got my RT 1250 this morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I decided that since tx smoker tx smoker makes his own smokers and he has one he is happy with, SmokinAl SmokinAl has one and still hasn't found a single reason to dislike it, sandyut sandyut has had one for ever and is always positive about it, how could I go wrong.

It arrived this morning and I need to find a way to carry it to its place, but it is so heavy. I took all of the stuff out of the body and I still can barely raise a corner of the ground. I'm not so young anymore so. I can't wheel it in place, too many steps down to the patio.

Before I got it I thought I would just bolt a couple of 2x4's to where the legs attach and then 4 of us older men could carry it, maybe. The problem with that is the pellet supply compartment is in the way for the back.

The body has d-rings attached to the sides and maybe I'm supposed to use those in some way. I've watched the installation video, they assume I want to setup in the garage, any suggestions would be useful.

Reactions: babydoc
Don't know what kind of steps you need to go down to get to your patio, but possibly make a ramp with some plywood or planks and with your friends helping you on both sides, "walk" the grill down the ramp to where you need to go??

Don't know what kind of steps you need to go down to get to your patio, but possibly make a ramp with some plywood or planks and with your friends helping you on both sides, "walk" the grill down the ramp to where you need to go??
Unfortunately the steps are too steep. I'm thinking about how I can connect to the d-rings.

It took 4 of us to move it from the driveway to the back yard. We took everything out of it that we could & left it on the thick piece of cardboard. Then we all grabbed onto the cardboard bottom & were able to move it to the back. Then after assembling most of it laying on it’s back, it was a bear to stand it up. I can’t imagine trying to lift it into the comp cart, which I didn’t buy.
Al

It took 4 of us to move it from the driveway to the back yard. We took everything out of it that we could & left it on the thick piece of cardboard. Then we all grabbed onto the cardboard bottom & were able to move it to the back. Then after assembling most of it laying on it’s back, it was a bear to stand it up. I can’t imagine trying to lift it into the comp cart, which I didn’t buy.
Al
Did you remove the lid?

The leg holes are about 3" from the bottom so on the hopper side I could cut a 2x5 with -----_____----- to make room for the hopper and bolt to bottom so 4 people have handles to carry down an incline.

Congratulations on the new smoker! I'm no help on how to move it without pictures. If you take a picture of the steps and the smoker, I'll let my brain chew on it.....

Did you remove the lid?

The leg holes are about 3" from the bottom so on the hopper side I could cut a 2x5 with -----_____----- to make room for the hopper and bolt to bottom so 4 people have handles to carry down an incline.
No we didn’t remove the lid, but 2 of the guys were young strong workers here in our community. I even waited to install the controller until we stood it up. I had to lay on my back on the ground to finish it, but with the added weight of the controller, I don’t think Judy & I could have stood it up. I have to say though that after getting it up & running, it is a true joy to use. And yes it will go from 180 to 700 degrees. However I have found that it really runs nicely at 225.
Have fun!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky