Got an Akorn!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazyq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Abilene, TX
Welp, got me an Akorn to play around with and see what kinda food i can get off of it. I'll be doing burgers, steaks, chicken, pizza, ribs, butts and brisket. I'll try it all and see how it works out for me. I was looking at the BGE's but this one was $300 compared to a grand for a BGE. im sure ill be doing some sealing mods to it cause i know they are natorious for air leaks but hey with the initial price i should still be looking good. I picked up a 17" weber grate to put in the stones place ad got a pizza stone to use a deflector that way i can use it as both, a defuser for smoking and a stone for pizzas. Came out about $20 cheaper doing it this way. I'll be going with lump as well.

tu6y3una.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky