Got a new BBQs Galore Offset Smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joecarnut

Original poster
May 28, 2013
Mission Viejo,CA.
Just built it today. Got it for $99 including cover last weekend. http://www.bbqgalore.com/custom-outdoor-barbecue-islands/barbeques-galore-offset-smoker.html

It's very thick guage steel for the price range. But have some gripes about it as some of the screws could be longer for the warmer, also they had a nut welded on crooked so I could not attach the firebox as well as I would have liked to because of leaving off a screw. Also the screws heads would strip easily if you did any kind of torquing.

It's got a clamshell lid so there are leaks there of course.

I am new at this and have read bout modding. But I was wondering what type of screws would I need to use for a smoker heat-wise? I would like to replace a few and drill out that crooked weld-on nut and secure things better.

Thanks for any info?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky