Got a fast brisket on me today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
I woke up at 5 :00 am and had the brisket on the UDS by 6:30 here we are about 8 hours later and it is just about done.  It was 13 pounds before I trimmed and put it on the smoker after trimming some fat closer to 11.5-12 pounds.  This has never happened to me before but I know you cook to temp not to time so not that big of a deal.  If I take it out and place it in the cooler is 4 hours too much or will I be fine.  I am trying to keep it slicable and usually can time my briskets to within an hour of when I want to eat them. 

4 hrs wrapped in foil and well insulated w/ towels. it will probably still be hot.

I took pork butt out onces at 7am and at noon they were still 170 degrees in the cooler. Like others said. Double wrap in foil and back in a cooler with towels. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky