• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got a fast brisket on me today

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
I woke up at 5 :00 am and had the brisket on the UDS by 6:30 here we are about 8 hours later and it is just about done.  It was 13 pounds before I trimmed and put it on the smoker after trimming some fat closer to 11.5-12 pounds.  This has never happened to me before but I know you cook to temp not to time so not that big of a deal.  If I take it out and place it in the cooler is 4 hours too much or will I be fine.  I am trying to keep it slicable and usually can time my briskets to within an hour of when I want to eat them. 

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
4 hrs wrapped in foil and well insulated w/ towels. it will probably still be hot.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I agree wrapped all nicely you will still feel heat on it

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I took pork butt out onces at 7am and at noon they were still 170 degrees in the cooler. Like others said. Double wrap in foil and back in a cooler with towels. 

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
I've done a brisket in a cooler for 4 hours.

No problem as long as it is wrapped and stuffed in the cooler with towels or news paper

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.